IGNORED

Walnut Creek Recon

AustinBike

Based on the weather and the impending R&I, I did a ride out at WC to assess the trail conditions. There were over 100 bikes out there today (MLK holiday) and the trails were packed. I found the trails to be ~98% good to go.

Exceptions:

Mark's Art is still too wet, creeks are not helping, steer clear.

Windy Loop is too wet, leave it for another week, it is taking a lot of time to dry out.

Main creek crossing is too muddy on the south side, use the concrete trail to get between north and south trails.

Trails that are in much better shape this week:

Church climb is good

Fence line along the church is good

Point 6 still has some mud on the bottoms of the berms but because 99% of the people ride on the tops of the berms (as they are built for that) there should be no issue.

I was able to piece together everything, leaving out Mark's, Windy and the main creek crossing and it was fine. No mud on my tires.

I'll be out there tomorrow night, another day of sunshine is always welcome to improve conditions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also from someone else:

Charlie has also asked folks to stay off the fast down and up dip (I don’t know what it’s called) right after Marks Art in tangle. It is holding water at the bottom and people keep riding it, which is doing a lot of damage. It is digging it deeper. Charlie and crew are trying to fix that area.

• Like 1