Ridenfool

Rocky HIll Ranch Trail Conditions

20 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Paul sent a pic of work being done. The Carpet Bridge is getting a makeover, courtesy of one of the High School MTB teams.

CarpetBridge.thumb.jpg.b42cc83477a57bc62ba4f54e15293215.jpg

Looks very stout. Can't wait to check it out on the next ride out there.

In the 2014 RHR24, 16 times I wondered if it was going to collapse that time.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

In the 2014 RHR24, 16 times I wondered if it was going to collapse that time.

Yeah, I know the feeling. well.

That old bridge could be an exhibit in the RHR Museum of Unnatural History as an example of how long a rickety bridge can last. (it was actually fairly well built before the years took their toll on it.)

In the interest of personal curiosity and the seeming inaccuracy of existing nearby online weather stations, I've installed a LaCrosse Rainfall and Temperature Monitor at the house.

This installation and expenditure of personal funds is driven by my high enthusiasm and a burning desire to witness the magic of this new device performing as soon and as often as possible so that I may share rain stats with others considering nearby Rocky Hill as a destination.

(in all honesty this is a ploy so Murphy will cease the inundation in order to thwart my desire and quell my enthusiasm to see this device in action)

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

Um, well, that strategy didn't work. :classic_unsure:

But the gauge does work just fine, 1.2 inches in the last 4 hours.

As the crow flies the gauge is about 5.5 miles East of RHR entrance on 153.

I'll post up area rainfall and accumulation when I remember to.

Edited by Ridenfool

Just remembered I had photos of the new bridge at RHR after seeing the Brushy PP bridge completion photo.

Here's the new and improved bridge that replaced the Carpet Bridge. Thanks go to the High School Racers who put it in!

carpet1.thumb.jpg.a12823f4fe0822cf37b29781d9cd6fa4.jpg

carpet2.thumb.jpg.01ce5e046cb25ba9fc7a6e0320db4f04.jpg

• Like 1

The trail tread is ready for rubber. Pretty much perfect 'cept for encroaching flora in a few places.

Dint see no snekz, but the Rocky Hill Racing Lizards were out in force. Saw a lot of Hog digging off trail in several places.

Also noticed a plethora of new Pines sprouting up to replace those taken by the bark beetles, the cycle of life continues.

Come get some, and bring plenty of cold beverages, you'll want them when you're done.

Kiddo and I are looking to ride RHR on Saturday. How wet did it get the other day? (tomorrow also supposed to be 72 and sunny so it should have a fair chance to dry if it wasn't much)

Rode RHR yesterday (Saturday 6/27/20) afternoon and had the place to myself. Trails are in great condition. Great ride once I was under the trees and out of the sun. Still best to go early in the morning with this high heat/humidity mix. I guess I should do that.