IGNORED

Online magazines...

RidingAgain

I followed the link and enjoyed the magazine. Turning the pages like the old-fashioned paper mags of yesteryear was easy by clicking the mouse on the corner of the page, scrolling the wheel, or using the arrow buttons on the keyboard. It seemed to be a very user friendly format. I'd be happy to view more mags presented online like this.

Blogs are cumbersome for me when I'm not following every new installment as they appear.  The chronological format renders the past entries deeper into the void, unless the blogger provides some easy way to find things.

Maybe I'm not looking at the right blogs, but this magazine had some good content, I even enjoyed some of the ads. Thanks for posting up the link.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

I followed the link and enjoyed the magazine. Turning the pages like the old-fashioned paper mags of yesteryear was easy by clicking the mouse on the corner of the page, scrolling the wheel, or using the arrow buttons on the keyboard. It seemed to be a very user friendly format. I'd be happy to view more mags presented online like this.

Blogs are cumbersome for me when I'm not following every new installment as they appear.  The chronological format renders the past entries deeper into the void, unless the blogger provides some easy way to find things.

Maybe I'm not looking at the right blogs, but this magazine had some good content, I even enjoyed some of the ads. Thanks for posting up the link.

Sounds like the same format as the Dirt Rag publication that comes with the ARR / IMBA membership. 

8 hours ago, TheX said:

Why share something you don't find useful?

Let me see if I can help you out...

Although I may not be into it... It is mtb related... And I haven't seen it on any other thread... Soooooo... I thought that others here might feel differently about it... And enjoy it.

And... As it turns out... Ridenfool did.

If I see something that I think the community might be interested in, I have no problem sharing it.

Hope that helps you old man.

I read IMB for a while (along with a few others, like Decline), until a year or 2 ago. For me, the format worked well for my tablet, but I finally just lost interest... it didn't help that it was Europe-focused. I feel the same about blogs too, though; I guess maybe I've reached the age where I don't really care to keep up with the latest news, etc. I still "follow" IMB on fb, along with Bike Radar, Vital, PB, etc, and if something shows up in my feed that interests me, then I'll follow the link to the article, but I never go to those sites looking for new entries anymore. Decline magazine closed down a while back; I'd be curious to see stats for these others, if there is waning interest in general, or if it is just me...

I haven't touched a paper magazine in years, at lest 10-15 years... I will say, while I don't really care about the content anymore, I kinda miss the anticipation of new issues, sitting on the couch flipping through the pages...

• Like 1