IGNORED

Bentonville - 8.5 hr drive from Austin

throet

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure which week I'll be hitting Bentonville this year. I will absolutely be making a trip up there. It would be great to share an AirBNB. I have stayed in one by myself that was literally 1 block from a trail entrance.

16 hours ago, TheX said:

I'm not sure which week I'll be hitting Bentonville this year. I will absolutely be making a trip up there. It would be great to share an AirBNB. I have stayed in one by myself that was literally 1 block from a trail entrance.

Outerbike is mid-October - probably a good time to be up there. IIRC it was free to enter, and there were a few other activities you could get involved with. I remember beer and food, too, but I can’t remember if I had to sign up and pay for that part. I think we were there for the Big Sugar - in which case accommodation could become an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAF said:

Outerbike is mid-October - probably a good time to be up there. IIRC it was free to enter, and there were a few other activities you could get involved with. I remember beer and food, too, but I can’t remember if I had to sign up and pay for that part. I think we were there for the Big Sugar - in which case accommodation could become an issue.

Thank you!

On 6/15/2024 at 9:42 PM, rockshins said:

How was it with all the damage and closed trails?

I knew ahead of time what had happened so I stayed up north in Bella Vista and road B40 and Tunnel Vision.  But I didd get chance to cruise into town and check out the carnage. Its very notable for sure.  Trees are down in large swaths all along the Razorback Byway.  It remindded me strongly of our icepokalypse from 1.5 yrs ago.  Except that a chunk of their downed trees where big mature ones, and ours were more massive amounts of limb breakage.

All that said, they community has been fast at work to bring things back (from what I hear).  The fun areas of SP1 are open and ppl where out on it.  The Byway was pretty much open (except for a big washout near BV and then a dead end due to construction near museum).  But overall the area is rebounding and I heard that there were regular crews making big strides each weekend (not unlike our icepokalypse period).

But there's enough open to be worth taking a trip up to if anyone is wondering.  And my report was from over a week ago.

Cheers,
CJB

• Like 2