IGNORED

Has anybody seen this -

cxagent

I had posted up about this story earlier. The dynamics of this story are quite interesting. Depressing, yes, but still interesting.

Each story that I've read, talks about the loss of tourism dollars to the economy of the area. Would be interesting to the know the % of these dollars lost are from the actual MTB demographic, and how much that is of the total overall tourism dollars.

Interesting that out of the 90+ landowners that are involved in this trail system, the 3 that closed down access to MTB'rs are considered the most significant in regards to trail continuity.

One thing that I've not read, is how much governmental involvement is included in the system?

This is a very unique case, that can/will set examples for other possibilities in this country, and especially in states like Texas that are so predominately privately owned lands. 

Bottom line, get along!

Here in NJ there is a ton of buzz about the Kingdom situation, most of us have been there and its on the short list for most weekend trips.  No doubt there were issues with riders disrespecting landowners.  Many blame certain subgroups of riders, but there are douches in every group to go around.  The interesting thing is even the successful businesses in the area who rely on bikers for their livelihood aren't that upset.  There is a lot of talk about it growing too fast and all the locals wanting to pare it back a little.  Mountain biking has taken off like crazy, and virtually no one has the money for proper infrastructure, except of course, Bentonville.  I think its gonna bounce back in a few years once the spotlight is somewhere else.  But of course, riding on wet trails?  beat them to within an inch of their lives with a rubber hose if you ask me.  

• Like 1