IGNORED

COVID-cations - the NBR thread about quarantine diversions

AustinBike

So, to kick off the non-biking thread, I need to find some things to do with the stir-crazy wife and have a couple of options. Major bonus points for anything next to water.

We did an afternoon at Pace Bend this week and spent a couple hours under the loop 360 bridge this afternoon. Both were $5 per person, but in the grand scheme of things, not unreasonable because, hey, we're aren't hitting up restaurants and had to cancel 2 weeks in France, so the budget is not gonna get broken.

Any other suggestions of places to go, especially where parking close to water is an option? Biking will not be on the agenda.

Seems like you’ve got week days available. Since that’s the case, bull creek just north of the 2222 and 360 intersection on weekdays is great.

Second rec is Jones Brothers Park. Yes, it will be a 20-30min drive up to Jonestown, but it’s a free park on the far north end of Lake Travis that you can back your vehicle up to the water and hang. On weekdays it is empty and great. You’ll see some boat traffic right from the boat landing in the park, but you can get hundreds of yards away from that and have some privacy. I’ve brought the grill and the dogs out there to swim and cook. It worth a good weekday afternoon for sure. 

We went to Blanco State Park on Mother's Day and plan to go again this Sunday. It was very pleasant. At the time, I think they were operating at a reduced capacity so there was plenty of space to spread out, but I couldn't find anything about it on their website if they still are doing that. You need a reservation and $5/adult, but like you said, that's cheaper than going to France.

4 hours ago, notyal said:

We went to Blanco State Park on Mother's Day and plan to go again this Sunday. It was very pleasant. At the time, I think they were operating at a reduced capacity so there was plenty of space to spread out, but I couldn't find anything about it on their website if they still are doing that. You need a reservation and $5/adult, but like you said, that's cheaper than going to France.

Cool, will add that to the list.