IGNORED

A new adventure/experiment: Custom Hardtail Frame!

gotdurt

7 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Please weigh the bare frame you you get it. I want to know if mine was a fluke, as it was well over seven pounds for a medium made with Reynolds 725.

I'm curious too, I'll see if I can find someone around here with a fish scale or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after nearly 5 years of pulling hair from my now bald head, it's here.

120020240220_120047_.JPG

Once again, the "paint" is crap... it appears that they didn't do a repaint after all (see previous post Aug 10, regarding the email that they sent). The substituted paint color is actually pretty cool, kind of a subtle pearl metallic, but it's covered in what appear to be goosebumps, lol. There is also still some cracking in the finish, similar to the previous frame (one of the reasons for the warranty frame), just in one area and not as bad.

120020240220_120108_.JPG

120020240220_120301_.JPG

120020240220_120329_.JPG

120020240220_120345_.JPG

120020240220_120436_.JPG

120020240220_120600_.JPG

As mentioned before, it was also supposed to have modular dropouts so that I could convert between geared and single speed, but I don't really care anymore.

I'm done here. I'll probably just strip both frames and do my own finishes.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mack_turtle said:

Use the scale in the produce section at HEB. 

JK

Ask around to borrow a kitchen scale or luggage scale.

I live in a rural area near Burnet now; don't really know many people, especially anyone that would have those. I'm near the lake though, so might be able to find a fishing scale 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Not sure yet, have to find a way to weigh it.

Why not just step on a scale with it, and then subtract your own weight? That's how I've always weighed my bikes at home. Of course not everybody even keeps a human weight scale these days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, throet said:

Why not just step on a scale with it, and then subtract your own weight? That's how I've always weighed my bikes at home. Of course not everybody even keeps a human weight scale these days. 

Recent divorce; ex got the bath scale 😆 (Along with everything else in the house). It only rounds to the nearest pound though.

• Like 1