IGNORED

Enduro lines at RPR

Thinking about heading to RPR this weekend and I want to make sure to hit the enduro lines.  I can find tons of YouTube videos, but I'm having a hard time finding a map that shows where they all start.  All the maps I'm finding have Flow Trail on them, and some have Jaws, but I'm not seeing Highlander or Sweet Skull on any maps.  Does anyone know if they have maps or any kind of guidance on-site?  I know there was a lot of discussion a while back about the trails being torn up, but hopefully it's better now...

10 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Thinking about heading to RPR this weekend and I want to make sure to hit the enduro lines.  I can find tons of YouTube videos, but I'm having a hard time finding a map that shows where they all start.  All the maps I'm finding have Flow Trail on them, and some have Jaws, but I'm not seeing Highlander or Sweet Skull on any maps.  Does anyone know if they have maps or any kind of guidance on-site?  I know there was a lot of discussion a while back about the trails being torn up, but hopefully it's better now...

Here are the two maps from last years race.

5671BC18-DB57-4E77-AEC1-B33CEF6E7654.png

7CE157A8-DEDE-4942-93F8-622E0A044B4E.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

All I could find were screen shots so sorry for the quailty

you can just follow the 'race loop' loop around, be sure to hit the revielle peak trail, its fun and challenging, then when you see the 'road' for Decision point, take it to the top and head down Super D. 

i don't think any of those other stages are really marked, they are just part of the trails out there.

... and its gonna be super hot. not much shade it alot of areas

Edited by circuitbreaker

Seth, didn't see your reply until well, just now.  We got a later start than we wanted so we didn't end up hitting the trails until after 9:30.  Even so, it was pretty comfortable and we had a great time sessioning Flow Track and Jaws a few times.  We headed back to the pavillion to grab what was left of our dwindling water/gatorade and (foolishly) decided to head back out to ride a bit more around 12:30.  We wanted to hit SuperD but I guess we didn't realize what a slog it would be to get there - especially as the heat started ratcheting up.  I was pretty beat by the time we got to the top of Decision Point, so riding down SuperD was not much fun at all.  Getting back to the car was a chore and we both ran out of water with a good hike still ahead of us.  It was a fun day - we especially liked Flow Track and Jaws - but we bit off more than we could chew heading back out in the heat of the day knowing we were running low on water.  It's obvious that they are trying to do a good job with the signage out there, but we still spent way too much time consulting Trail Forks, MTB Project, and the enduro maps posted earlier in this thread.  Now that I've been out there, I feel confident that I could get around pretty well, but the "maps" they have painted on palettes at some trail intersections were largely unhelpful a lot of the time.