IGNORED

Share your bikepacking rig here

bestbike85

Mine is dialed how I originally envisioned it as of this weekend. Super happy with the turn out and deals I got on the bags with patients. Planning to do some light touring trips in a few months when it cools off a bit. Heading to Bastrop SP, Pedernales SP, and Inks Lake SP. Then plan to do the big loop in Big Bend SP in the winter. 

Bike:

Salsa Journeyman size 54, apex 1 build, 700x43 gravel king sk tires, 2 salsa anything cages on the fork  

Bags/gear:

Saddle bag is a 14 liter Revelate Designs terrapin system. Inside is a spare can of cooking fuel, sleeping bag, and my clothes which are just bibs, poly shirts and socks. 

Fork bags are Road Runner Buoy Bags. Did a lot of research looking for the biggest I could run here  these are 7.5 liters each rolled 3 times. Great capacity for the fork. Right leg is my entire Cloud Up Ultralight tent including footprint and my pillow. Left leg has gas canister, cook system, rain jacket and a liter of water  

Handles bar carries 3 bags. 1 stasher bag 3 can (Orange) that carries my sleeping pad. 1 stasher bag 2 can (black, hard to see, attached to orange) that holds all my spare tools and parts, pump, and spare tube. On top is a Revelate Designs Egress pocket which nutrition/food and battery pack, wallet and a few small nic-nacs. 

Top tube is the salsa bolt on top tube bag that has easy access nutrition for riding snacks, phone, chap stick and the small things I will always need to grab in motion. 

Carrying 3 20-21oz bottles in Power Cages. Bigger, more isolated rides and I may throw on a camelbak for 3 more liters of water, but it would have to be cooler weather for that. 

Looking forward to many trips on this thing! 

A06458F4-F8DB-40F0-9D24-DD4116FE8E85.jpeg

BDB695C0-48E7-423B-8AC2-C80981871E30.jpeg

BF5C0FD3-55FA-45D4-9E77-206DE2452423.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The Tip said:

I've seen an internet site that everyone does this listing of their rig. But nobody ever makes weight a thing. No, "And my total weight is 70 pounds" or anything. Why is that not a thing?

I think it’s because everyone knows it’s just heavy, some more, some a little less. You can always spend the extra money for extremely light weight gear, but is it worth it? I don’t think so. The bike here with cages and pedals tips just a hair under 25 pounds. Full gear and water I estimate to be a bit under 50, but I forgot to grab my scale yesterday for my dry run. If it’s 40, or 65, I’m still gonna pedal this bastard. 

Not mine but I think these recumbents are freaking cool.  They are FAST!  We passed them on the road on the way to our ferry.  

Lots of bike packers here.  The weather is perfect.  As I’m typing this I’m wearing a light jacket inside the ferry and they are running the heater.  I don’t want to go back home now.

127EAAAC-C020-4544-9428-8400141CDCD7.jpeg

AAB5BF28-EC6C-402C-B90F-EA3DFAFB7E9C.jpeg