IGNORED

2018 DragonSlayer Updates

DesertNomad

There are 106 registered now and available spots are running low. If you are planning on riding this, but have not registered yet, might I suggest now is a good time?

https://legacy.usacycling.org/register/2018-1939

We also have some jersey prototypes. The finals will be very similar.  One version for each ride distance completed (1, 2, or 3 laps). Pricing will probably be around $75.

Flyer.jpg

Endurarace.png

Jersey Protos.jpg

Edited by DesertNomad
  • Like 4

The DragonSlayer is in need of a few brave volunteers to assist with things like set-up/tear-down parking control, registration, restocking water stations, etc. You will be fed something and given something to drink. I don't know what yet but should be tasty. Best of all, your help will be greatly appreciated.

The event is November 18th and will run all day, though not everyone will be needed all day or all the time. I am looking for about 12 people. Post up a comment or message me or the page (https://www.facebook.com/EnduraRaceLLC/). Todd Denham (the 6-lap of the Dragon in 24 hrs ultra rider) will be in touch as he has agreed to be the wrangler of volunteers.
Edited by DesertNomad
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2112Greg said:

This is why I changed from 2 laps to 3 laps, I want that damn jersey!

I'm not confident in three laps yet, but that's what I'm signed up for!  Unfortunately, I have very little time for training over the next month.  At least it should, maybe, perhaps be cooler!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBaron said:

The EB makes for some good DS training...just say'n.

Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend, same thing that happened last year.  I did do the Veggie Enchilada Buffet last weekend, but that's obviously no substitute for the whole thing.  Maybe I'll try to do the entire EB beforehand.  I just need to know the route, and especially the route through the Greenbelt. 

..Al

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, WhoAmI said:

Will the jersey be available in a mountain bike cut or just the road bike cut with the pockets in the back and an elastic waist band?  Also, it would be badass in a long sleeve T-shirt.  

D

It's the same Fondo cut the EB jersey uses. It's sort of a go between.  It's an ultra-marathon event so an XC type jersey is a good fit (no pun).  We should have sizing demos available at the event to try on.  Short sleeve jerseys only as we are trying to keep costs down.  A t-shirt is in the works and a long sleeve option isn't a bad idea, but no promises just yet.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, Albert said:

I'm not confident in three laps yet, but that's what I'm signed up for!  Unfortunately, I have very little time for training over the next month.  At least it should, maybe, perhaps be cooler!

Finish lap two. Start lap three. Get a mile or two past Crockett gardens. Way back is the way forward at that point. Finish lap three. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DesertNomad said:

Finish lap two. Start lap three. Get a mile or two past Crockett gardens. Way back is the way forward at that point. Finish lap three. 

This is exactly correct and a great formula.  I'll also add that once you get past the dam, no matter which choice you made (turn around there or not) you'd still have to go through 'a tough section of trail'.  Therefore if you should just keep going forward!

-CJB

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:56 PM, DesertNomad said:

It's the same Fondo cut the EB jersey uses. It's sort of a go between.  It's an ultra-marathon event so an XC type jersey is a good fit (no pun).  We should have sizing demos available at the event to try on.  Short sleeve jerseys only as we are trying to keep costs down.  A t-shirt is in the works and a long sleeve option isn't a bad idea, but no promises just yet.

Thanks for your reply.

D