Jump to content
deadtokevin

Anyone running Spank Oozy 350 rims/wheels?

Recommended Posts

I've got two wheelsets and both require tensioning and true'ing every couple months. One set is Stan's Flow and the other SRAM Roam 40. (i'm currently in Bentonville and having one of the wheels tensioned/true'd...)

I saw Jenson has the Oozy 350 wheelset for under 400 and the engagement looks good on their hub. Just curious if anyone has abused them locally and how they've held up? I was considering having a wheelset built but for under 400 that Oozy wheelset looks guud especially if I can get 2 years of casing jumps and plowing rock gardens out of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT Swiss XM1501 for complete XM481 for just hoops or custom build. 30mm internal width.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deadtokevin said:

I've got two wheelsets and both require tensioning and true'ing every couple months. One set is Stan's Flow and the other SRAM Roam 40. (i'm currently in Bentonville and having one of the wheels tensioned/true'd...)

I saw Jenson has the Oozy 350 wheelset for under 400 and the engagement looks good on their hub. Just curious if anyone has abused them locally and how they've held up? I was considering having a wheelset built but for under 400 that Oozy wheelset looks guud especially if I can get 2 years of casing jumps and plowing rock gardens out of them. 

Sorry no experience with the Oozy but I second Chief my XM481 have been bulletproof.  Sorry for the tangent but are things in Bentonville pretty open?  I've been thinking about making another trip up there but if the restaurants and shops are still shut down I'll probably wait a while longer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having to get wheels tensioned/trued every few months sounds really annoying. I have chinese carbon that I havent had to true in several years of riding. I had one set of aluminum wheels that I did have to tighten spokes periodically, but not as often as every few months (though I barely used them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Txduc said:

Sorry no experience with the Oozy but I second Chief my XM481 have been bulletproof.  Sorry for the tangent but are things in Bentonville pretty open?  I've been thinking about making another trip up there but if the restaurants and shops are still shut down I'll probably wait a while longer. 

Peddler's pub is take out only and the Amazeum museum is closed(i have young kids). Every restaurant we went to required a mask entering, going to your table and then going to the bathroom. I have been into The Hub bike shop a few times and their hours are normal. I've been up here twice this month and would say it seems mostly normal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deadtokevin said:

Peddler's pub is take out only and the Amazeum museum is closed(i have young kids). Every restaurant we went to required a mask entering, going to your table and then going to the bathroom. I have been into The Hub bike shop a few times and their hours are normal. I've been up here twice this month and would say it seems mostly normal. 

Thank you and good luck with the wheel search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you looking for boost wheels? 100/142s can be had had pretty cheap. 

 

If you're happy with your current hubs, just string them to a good set of hoop like DT Swiss.

 

I've heard of internal failure issues with some spank hubs, but I have no idea about the ones on those at jenson.

 

FWIW, Chain reaction is one of the cheapest places to buy spank. Looks like they're having a sale 

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/mtb/wheels?f=4294957821

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nonboost. i ended up seeing the 350 vibrocore's on crc earlier and pulled the trigger. i had the Hub shop here in town true my SRAM rear wheel and today on Fitzgerald Mountain / Best Trail Ever I got a stick in the spokes. hurray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deadtokevin said:

nonboost. i ended up seeing the 350 vibrocore's on crc earlier and pulled the trigger. i had the Hub shop here in town true my SRAM rear wheel and today on Fitzgerald Mountain / Best Trail Ever I got a stick in the spokes. hurray

 Good choice on the vibracores. Any plans to check out buffalo trails in ponca?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

 Good choice on the vibracores. Any plans to check out buffalo trails in ponca?

Newp. Wasnt even on my radar. My favorites on this trip where Tunnel Vision in Bella Vista and Fitzgerald Mountain. Lots of new stuff in Bentonville and I'm always so jealous when visiting(was here in Nov, then 3 weeks ago, again last week and leaving tomorrow)

My wife and I were up here visiting my family and then had 6 days with our friends and their kids. Spent a lot of time playing tour guide and drinking too much

Edited by deadtokevin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...