IGNORED

Come on BSS, it's been long enough!

TheX

a friend of mine bought a bike from BSS downtown this weekend. it was a very lousy experience. they would not answer questions over the phone, answered incorrectly with a text message, and made him prepay for the bike online at a cost more than MSRP. when he picked up the bike, it was the wrong bike. the sales guy said "sorry, you already paid for it" and just walked away. the spokes are loose and the brakes barely work as if some amateur put it together. he's enjoying the bike anyways, but his story was one of the worst customer service nightmares I have ever heard. did something change there recently?

2 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

a friend of mine bought a bike from BSS downtown this weekend. it was a very lousy experience. they would not answer questions over the phone, answered incorrectly with a text message, and made him prepay for the bike online at a cost more than MSRP. when he picked up the bike, it was the wrong bike. the sales guy said "sorry, you already paid for it" and just walked away. the spokes are loose and the brakes barely work as if some amateur put it together. he's enjoying the bike anyways, but his story was one of the worst customer service nightmares I have ever heard. did something change there recently?

I am no fan of BSS but that sounds unusually horrid

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, mack_turtle said:

This does not sound at all like BSS to me. Hill is easy to find, and I believe he wants every customer to be satisfied.

https://www.bicyclesportshop.com/satisfaction-guarantee

• Like 1

I've bought a lot of stuff from BSS over the years. I've stopped going. Every time it's a different employee that I have no relationship with. I hate having to grill them for 30 minutes to prove they have basic bike knowledge before I can start to do business.

I like to go to a shop where they know me. Where the staff is drawing straws to see who has the privilege of talking to me. Because I need to know if my X01 derailleur is compatible with Enve stems and if they can install one for free because I found it cheap online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think BSS has some first-rate mechanics: Tim K, Cody, Jacob, Peder are just a few who I have recently interacted with. I can't speak so much for the sales side of things - ten plus years ago I started buying mountain bikes thru BSS - these days I buy my own custom frames and parts, and happily have BSS build em up for me. Zero complaints. They aren't the only guys I use - Mellow Johnny's built my Chumba singlespeed, Absolute Bikes in Salida get a lot of my business, and Chris at Elevation Wheelworks (Springs) does most of my wheels -- but I can't complain about the wrenching at BSS - always pretty solid. @mack_turtle - hopefully you or your buddy will call Hill Abell and get this squared away.

• 3 weeks later...