IGNORED

Excellent PR promotional/informational mtb trail video...

But we've already seen stuff that touches on these matters... Such as in the BKXC video recently presented in another thread.

I get that there are lots of rogue trails, but there are also lots of official trails. And don't for a moment think that Austin/Central Texas has cornered the market on rogue trails... That's pretty much how most places get started in mtbing. My interest in the above videos is how they package/present what they want to present.

Edited by RidingAgain

Its too bad that Austin Ridge Riders have never done such a video.

Oh wait - 

Or maybe - 

Or this one - 

But this is my favorite - 

Some of these videos are several years old that were "rereleased" in 2017. You might want to search YouTube for "Austin Ridge Riders". This is not all of the videos.

And rumor is there may be more coming 😉

Edited by cxagent
Added more video links

5 hours ago, cxagent said:

Its too bad that Austin Ridge Riders have never done such a video.

Oh wait - 

Or maybe -

Or this one -

But this is my favorite - 

Some of these videos are several years old that were "rereleased" in 2017. You might want to search YouTube for "Austin Ridge Riders". This is not all of the videos.

And rumor is there may be more coming 😉

So, can you just present the fact that videos have been done... But do so without the seeming offended feeling knee-jerk reaction lead off?

And perhaps tell us what impact was created through the release, and re-release of these videos?

Also... What was the plan behind the creation and release of these videos?

And if there was a plan... Were the goals of this plan met?

Are these goals still being met?

And as tasty as rumors might be to those who love gossip... Is there a plan that these rumored new videos are a part of... And if so, can you share this plan with us?

Edited by RidingAgain

6 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

So, can you just present the fact that videos have been done... But do so without the seeming offended feeling knee-jerk reaction lead off?

And perhaps tell us what impact was created through the release, and re-release of these videos?

Also... What was the plan behind the creation and release of these videos?

And if the was a plan... Were the goals of this plan met?

Are these goals still being met?

And as tasty as rumors might be to those who love gossip... Is there a plan that these rumored new videos are a part of... And if so, can you share this plan with us?

That's the exact attitude that has turned this forum against you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

That's the exact attitude that has turned this forum against you

Lol, since you quoted him I can see what he said. WTF is he trying to say? He doesn't contribute time and/or money to help but he loves to talk a TON of crap to other people.

What a freakin' maroon (misspelled on purpose).

10 minutes ago, TheX said:

Lol, since you quoted him I can see what he said. WTF is he trying to say? He doesn't contribute time and/or money to help but he loves to talk a TON of crap to other people.

What a freakin' maroon (misspelled on purpose).

And here we have ATXZJ's echo.

Seems like TheX just can't live up to his own word.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, mack_turtle said:

Curious to see what a similar video about Austin/ central Texas would say. Maybe it's best if that video is never made.

I thought the above comment by mack_turtle was simple and honest.

And for someone who has been on the Austin mtb scene for some years, it seems he wasn't aware of the ARR videos that cxagent presented. Or maybe mack_turte had just forgotten about them.

Whatever the case... I don't think it needs to be addressed with snarky/snippy-ness. Which was what I addressed... In a direct, honest and straight-forward manner right at the very beginning of my above comment.

Edited by RidingAgain

18 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:
You've chosen to ignore content by RidingAgain. Options 

He made four more posts in a row? Try putting some of that energy into actually doing something.

• Like 2

As far as offending someone - the only part I'm sorry about is that I'm not sorry about offending them. I just spent most of my weekend trying to smooth over more cases where yet another somebody is offended that they are not followed verbatim by people spending their personal time doing volunteer work. If you want a say in what gets done - spend your time doing the volunteer work that you think other volunteers are doing wrong. There were three examples this weekend alone that shows how no good deed goes unpunished.

And then this morning I am walking the BCGB with City personnel and find FRESH mountain bike tracks in the mud. Yes, much of the trail is fine to ride. But the mud holes are MUD HOLES. At least ride the dry parts of the trail that were right next to the MUD HOLE. Most of the trail is just fine! ride those parts of the trail!!!  I spent the whole rest of the walk trying to defend the undefendable. Like what is undefendable you ask? That mountain bikes don't damage the trail any more than hikers. Oh wait - let's go back to that MUD HOLE and see what the mountain bike tire track did.

Just that one example you ask??? Oh no. Trying to defend the mountain bike tire tracks that go right past the sign that shows a mountain bike with a circle with a slash thru it. You might have seen such a sign between the first two creek crossing west of Zilker. And once again there are fresh mountain bike tire tracks thru the MUD HOLES. I would not want to cross the creek right now either. But I can at least walk my bike thru that section so I am legal. But I guess that to too much to ask for some people.

Honestly folks this is getting old.

IMG_4168 Mud Hole.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

All this talk about not riding muddy trails is preaching to the choir. How can we relate this message to the unwashed masses of ignorant a-holes who don't interact with the larger mountain biking population?

You might have to dumb that down for ATXZJ, mack_turtle. 

Hey, ATXZJ... Here's something I'd be will to get out of my apartment for...

https://www.remaxarkansas.com/ListingDetails/000-Wildcat-Road-Hot-Springs-AR-71901/18036744

And you can check out photos here...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/000-Wildcat-Rd-Hot-Springs-AR-71901/2093390180_zpid/

Edited by RidingAgain

2 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Now...

If possible...

Can we return to the matter of the thread... Or will yet another thread be derailed by Moe and Curly.

she'z on tilt again........

next come the bible quotes!

Edited by ATXZJ