IGNORED

GTF Trails?

olddbrider

I've been wanting to check out the trails GTF has been building, but I'm not finding much info about them in the usual places. Trailforks shows Gotham but not much else beyond the hike and bike path. MTB Project only shows the Goodwater Loop. Is there enough trail in town to string together a decent ride? I saw Chautauqua Park trails mentioned on IG, but that's not showing up on Trailforks...

I’ve enjoyed the urban/trail ride there in Georgetown, surprised me actually, meaning better than I expected. There’s even some trail at wolf ranch that connects via the new hike n bike path. I think there will/could probably be much more trail in the future also. Could easily string a loop with it all, including the lake Georgetown trail. 

Edited by RonSurly

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

I've been wanting to check out the trails GTF has been building, but I'm not finding much info about them in the usual places. Trailforks shows Gotham but not much else beyond the hike and bike path. MTB Project only shows the Goodwater Loop. Is there enough trail in town to string together a decent ride? I saw Chautauqua Park trails mentioned on IG, but that's not showing up on Trailforks...

Katy Crossing trail is at the east end of San Gabriel Park.  About 1.5-ish mile loop.

Gotham is N of HWY 29, behind HEB

Chautauqua Park is developing

There are a couple of trial form the concrete H&B trails below Wolf Ranch that lead up to the neighborhoods.

There’s enough to string a solid ride together. Several pockets of trails connected by the amazing paved paths in town. We are actually finishing another new segment in the morning. 

Follow our progress on Instagram @gtxtrails or DM me here for more details. Trailforks has Katy and Gotham but we haven’t added Chataqua yet.  There’s an interactive link to our trails from insta or our website gtxtrails.org. Other than that we don’t put a lot out there.  

All that being said, we will have over twenty miles of new trail in town once we are done. Feel free to help as we are a small group and just do it all in our limited free time. 

• Like 2

As Zander mentioned above, if you visit gtxtrails.org you can find a nifty interactive trail map. 

The GTX Trails are designed to be fun, flowy, and fast. They are the yin to Lake Georgetown’s yang. What they lack in mileage, they make up for in quality. And the good news is, we build more tread every month.

Chautauqua (pronounced “Sh!t Taco”) is complete and is a fun diversion from the paved path in between Katy Crossing and Gotham. If you start at Katy Crossing Trail, head back upstream on paved path on the South Fork San Gabriel River, pass Blue Hole Park, and eventually you will hit Chautauqua; after that cross university (Hwy 29) bridge and dive down the concrete ramp, you will be at Gotham. An out and back route from Katy Crossing Trail to Gotham gives you over 10 miles (much is on paved path granted) but still a fun outing on the bike. Hope you have a great time! Post back here and tell us what you think!

see attached screenshot for map of Chautauqua trail.

7C605EB4-0752-403B-939E-32C0185FA186.jpeg

Edited by BRAZOS1845
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

Man, these have been completely of my Radar but I've been wanting to explore that area for awhile! Is there a recommended route/ sequence to take?

@RedRider3141 We have group rides on Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm. Our standard route is to start at Katy Crossing and do a lap or 2. Distance is 1.8 miles, very session-able and scenic little loop that rides great both directions. From there, we head upstream to Chautauqua and finally to Gotham, then head back and hit the trails following a downstream direction. There are more bits and pieces around town that will be built out and expanded in due time. Our goal is to build 5 miles of high quality purpose built singletrack per year.

47D79A5E-4AE1-4B51-8280-CDFCEEE24147.jpeg