IGNORED

Homeless Camps on BMX Loop at Walnut Creek

June Bug

On 3/7/2024 at 8:57 AM, The Tip said:

It's such a pleasure to see the city cleaning up camps after so many years of doing nothing.

And such a shame that your control issues with your FB group denies the opportunities for groups of us to post trash cleanup days. Never mind - we'll manage without you.

sigh. I really didn't want to address this but, to protect what little reputation I have, I am compelled to do so.

I am not sure why I am having to endure TAF's unrelenting wrath. It started with his suggestion for a cleanup of a particular spot in the SATN. I didn't immediately jump on it and make it happen. He has been very angry at me since. I'm not sure why he didn't organize this event himnself if it was so important to him. 

But I'm amazed that he accuses me of "doing nothing for the community." The irony being that I would be willing to bet that there are less than five people in town that have given as many hours to trail building, maintenance, organizing clean ups, putting on community building events, and participating in other's events too, (ARR etc), as I have. For example, I've used Strava to track my walking miles at trail work for eight years now. I average over a hundred miles a year. That includes just walking to do hours long projects at single spots. It would be fun if Strava tracked all time hours at each activity too.

He wants The SATN Facebook page to be an open forum. Well, that is not why that page was created. It is only for information dissemintation. There are at least two other local mtbing Facebook pages that are designed for open discussions. So his ire about that perplexes me too. 

I have nothing against the man. This all just seems so strange to me.

• Like 5

On 3/15/2024 at 8:36 AM, The Tip said:

sigh. I really didn't want to address this but, to protect what little reputation I have, I am compelled to do so.

I am not sure why I am having to endure TAF's unrelenting wrath. It started with his suggestion for a cleanup of a particular spot in the SATN. I didn't immediately jump on it and make it happen. He has been very angry at me since. I'm not sure why he didn't organize this event himnself if it was so important to him. 

But I'm amazed that he accuses me of "doing nothing for the community." The irony being that I would be willing to bet that there are less than five people in town that have given as many hours to trail building, maintenance, organizing clean ups, putting on community building events, and participating in other's events too, (ARR etc), as I have. For example, I've used Strava to track my walking miles at trail work for eight years now. I average over a hundred miles a year. That includes just walking to do hours long projects at single spots. It would be fun if Strava tracked all time hours at each activity too.

He wants The SATN Facebook page to be an open forum. Well, that is not why that page was created. It is only for information dissemintation. There are at least two other local mtbing Facebook pages that are designed for open discussions. So his ire about that perplexes me too. 

I have nothing against the man. This all just seems so strange to me.

Oh, quit being such a drama queen, Carl. I have certainly never stated that you do ‘nothing for the community’. There are various efforts underway to stop the Southie trails from becoming a national trash embarrassment, and your refusal to allow these efforts to be posted, or to allow your forum to be used for coordination of trash pickup, deserves your being called out in public.

As I have said, we’ll manage without you.