IGNORED

Anybody here think the Enchilada Buffet is to easy?

CBaron

On 9/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, DBehrens said:

CJB, very familiar with route from Thumper to Cedar Park.  I used this route for years and cross any major roadway at stop lights.  Most of my route is west of 183 through Neighborhoods.

It is very easy to get to the YMCA and enter the far west end of DD.

I've been wanting to try that entrance to DD.  Normally I do what Cody described.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, TAF said:

There will be rider numbers this year, largely to assist the Thumper Trail Angels in counting riders in and out - most people exiting Thumper can't remember their own name, or manage to give a different name than the one they gave going in.

While it's true that not everyone manages the full route - although most do - anyone vying for a Top Twenty position has to show the correct mileage on their GPS when they cross the finish line, and any subsequent protests are taken seriously (and conducted in private). A couple of positions were changed last year alone, based on protests and Strava tracks. If everyone uses a GPS and posts the track, it should be obvious if anyone missed a portion of  the route.

I have done this ride 5 times and am usually in the top 10 or 20, but don't have or want GPS.  Are we gonna have a problem this year?

2 minutes ago, knifezilla said:

I have done this ride 5 times and am usually in the top 10 or 20, but don't have or want GPS.  Are we gonna have a problem this year?

Not unless someone complains about passing you three times in City Park, and that sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I do recall several years ago the BCGB portion was much longer/tougher - It was something like Main Trail - > Sweet 16/Travis Country -> Mulch Hill/Jedi - > Powerline - > Hill of Life. 

Seemed like it added a good bit of mileage and more climbing.   Doesn't really work well with higher creek levels though.  Also, was *really* confusing for anyone not used to riding down there since there are numerous wrong turns you can make.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, DBehrens said:

CJB, very familiar with route from Thumper to Cedar Park.  I used this route for years and cross any major roadway at stop lights.  Most of my route is west of 183 through Neighborhoods. 

It is very easy to get to the YMCA and enter the far west end of DD. 

And mostly my neighborhood.  I live off of Little Elm (same street that the YMCA is on, but at the 620 end.!

On 8/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, Kyle said:

I passed a few people on easy up and saw them next when I rode across the finish and they were already done.  I passed a couple dudes in CP twice.  Passed several people at Thumper and they were all hanging out at the aid station when I got done... it was pretty endemic.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I know it's just a big friendly ride, but that was my experience.

I had the same experience. I passed a couple of guys I know pretty well at city park, never saw them again, and they were at the finish before me. It was no big deal as I just wanted to finish for myself.

I wouldnt bother to ride it again, but I want a sweet yeti tumbler with the EB logo. 

Edited by crazyt

5 hours ago, crazyt said:

I had the same experience. I passed a couple of guys I know pretty well at city park, never saw them again, and they were at the finish before me. It was no big deal as I just wanted to finish for myself.

There are  couple of steps in place now to ensure that these short-cutters - whether accidental or intentional - are weeded out and dropped to the bottom of the leaderboard.

If you all care about is the Yeti tumbler, volunteer to help out at Thumper and we'll figure out the tumbler!

Yeah there have been a few interactions of the GB over the years.  When you said that, I was thinking of the VERY FIRST (original), where we didn't do the big road climbs (Courtyard, Jester, nor St Eds trail).  Those all came in year two.

Later, -CJB

We plan to assess the conditions mid-week. If you really want to make yourself useful, ride down there and report back.

Here is your report:

It rained all day on the greenbelt yesterday. The water is high. It’s muddy.

Now that the bridge is complete, going up chunky just before the toys/3rd creek crossing would be an option to connect with the Mopac entrance. I could trim and mark it.

Or an older Route using S16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, FJsnoozer said:

Now that the bridge is complete, going up chunky just before the toys/3rd creek crossing would be an option to connect with the Mopac entrance. I could trim and mark it.

Is this the climb to the office park? If so, I'd go ahead and trim and mark - thanks.

Too many people will get lost if we send them up S16 -- and we don't have a GPS of that course.