IGNORED

Always check the work...

Took my squishy in for servicing last fall for the annual shock/fork service before my bentonville trip. Work was great, bike performed well.

This week, however, it was making a lot of creaks, but that happens over time. I knew there was a bolt that holds the shock to the yoke that often comes loose. I went to tighten it and found this:

image.thumb.jpeg.73033afff8479ee1b5150ec4c5c6a000.jpeg

Yeah, good luck putting your torque wrench in that one.

Had to de-air the shock (which had been peeeeeerrrrrfect for the past 5-6 months) and take it all apart.

image.thumb.jpeg.408b423f91c8def96b468709d27d4948.jpeg

This is much easier to adjust now. 

If you don't want to blow an hour in your hot garage, be sure to check out the work that the shop does.

Not naming names, but the next time I drop it off for service, I'll be sure to bring this up.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Taco Man said:

Who does shock and fork service in town these days?

Most shops do it. Most do it well. The typical issue is the parts which can push the service out. This is why I always drop off on a Monday morning. I get mine serviced once a year, typical before my bike trip.

Had mine done(front and rear) at Peddlers a couple months back and they did a great job. Helped me tweak my suspension as well to get me riding better and it was night and day(Thanks Shawn!).

Of course they also did a great job of selling me a new SRAM AXS setup at the same time... But of course they were right about that being amazing and I love it so I can't really complain too much. 🙂

Ended up with https://www.bicyclehouseatx.com/

I made an appt for yesterday at 9 am thinking since I was day tripping to Waco yesterday I would drop off before and go, but after thought about timing i dropped off Wednesday.

So I called them on the way back yesterday and they were going to be done to match my return to pick it up.   Serviced Fork and Shock, Cleaned up and greased Headset and a few other tweaks.

👍👍

• Like 2