IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

Not necessarily. If your recipe is dialed, it really doesn't hurt to let it sit. I prefer it.

All my experience is at a two barrel brewery though, so I'm sure it's different when mass distribution is a priority.

Edited by ATXZJ

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 7:38 AM, bestbike85 said:

Catching up on some recent bottles and pours I have pics of. I've really enjoyed the Penelope stuff recently. 

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

Nice selections. I've had most of those (not the Penelope though). I really love that Four Roses Small Batch Select. Checks all the boxes for me. 

• Like 1

Picked up a sixer of this at a gas station in Smithville before heading out to ride.

Shopify_PB_12oz6pack-01_720x.jpg?v=16764

Quite the perfect recovery drink after a lap at Rocky Hill Ranch. The flavor was absolutely wonderful and the ABV offered muscle-relaxant qualities that were "sorely" needed.

Didn't attempt it, but it may be possible to spread this on toast with a knife. I do enjoy a stout that I can chew.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, throet said:

Nice selections. I've had most of those (not the Penelope though). I really love that Four Roses Small Batch Select. Checks all the boxes for me. 

People rave about Four Roses Single Barrel, and while it is excellent, I give the edge to Small Batch Select. It's so good. 

The Penelope stuff is on the same level. I have the Barrel Strength and the Architect, and am on the hunt for the Toasted and Rio. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Stopped by Total Wine to pick up some whiskey and beer. Wanted to try the Still Austin Rye but they didn't have it available. Ended up tasting the Still Austin Blue Corn BIB instead, and wow! That stuff is incredible. I couldn't bring myself to spend $90 for it, but at some point, I probably will. It was that good! 

image.png.a95efe4af0e8f06b41d62422c98f0c77.png

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 4:36 PM, throet said:

Stopped by Total Wine to pick up some whiskey and beer. Wanted to try the Still Austin Rye but they didn't have it available. Ended up tasting the Still Austin Blue Corn BIB instead, and wow! That stuff is incredible. I couldn't bring myself to spend $90 for it, but at some point, I probably will. It was that good! 

image.png.a95efe4af0e8f06b41d62422c98f0c77.png

Nice!

I've really been wanting to try their red corn but same boat as you when it comes to spending that much

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...