IGNORED

Shout out to a local sticker company

ATXZJ

Wanted to spread the word about Bastrop Signs as a local source for custom decals and signs. Needed some rim decals ETC for a build and was referred to Matt over at Bastrop where he was able to use the vector file from the manufacturer and his color pantone to create a perfect match to the frame. Something that has been very difficult to do when using companies from out of state or in Europe. The good quality and price is on par with what i've purchased from stikrd and slik, but the customer service and satisfaction of dealing with a local, family owned business is something the other guys cant compete with. Give Matt a shout if you're looking for some custom fork, wheel or general purpose decals.

https://www.instagram.com/bastropsign

https://bastropsigns.com/

IMG_20180923_112027086_HDR.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Thanks for the props. I was a little on the fence about purple, but that was all that was available. Figured might a well let the freak flag fly:classic_laugh:

The green twists the presentation just right.

Kinda like how scrambled eggs are rather blah to eat, but toss in some fresh jalapenos and Wowza!

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Very nice pic, how does it ride?

Thanks! Haven't had much of an opportunity to hit the trails as it seems to have been raining since the build started. Basically, all of the parts came off my process 111 so I have a reasonably good baseline of how the frame feels. It pedals way better than the 111 but still seems fairly planted since the geo is similar and also has the same 2* works headset and 40mm offset CSU. Overall it will be a better bike for the trails I ride here in central texas and give my legs/back a break from riding the hardtail.

The PIKE is my biggest issue as i swapped the 130mm air shaft to a new debonair 120mm and im getting a large amount of air migration to the lower legs. I've had this issue in the past and serviced the seals on the air shaft and that seemed to help. This debonair is brand new with same O.D. as standard shaft it replaced but will seep air even when not being ridden. My buddy did the swap on his Yari and had the same issue for a few weeks until it stopped. I suppose it could be a seating issue like rings in a rebuilt engine and may need some break in time. It certainly makes setting up the fork a total PITA.

The decals have held up really well considering ive had the tires on and off multiple times (long story) so thats a good thing. If someone does a set I recommend using a heat gun when applying to soften them up a bit and fit the contours of the rim. Made life much easier.