Chardog

Walnut Creek: Trail Crew Open Call

Needing Paydirt or otherwise interested in helping keep the trails at Walnut Creek enjoyable, well drained and in great shape?  Let me know.  With the recent rain and cooler weather, I plan to get out there regularly.  Once or twice a week if there is interest.

Also, if you are interested in serving as Trail Steward for Walnut Creek or any other ARR maintained trail, let us know.

Thanks 

Charlie Rou, ARR President

arrprez@austinridgeriders.com

Google Account

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, Chardog said:

interested in helping keep the trails at Walnut Creek enjoyable, well drained and in great shape?  Let me know.

I see that there's a workday tomorrow evening, but I can't make that time. I could be available tomorrow morning (Thurs. 10/4) to take care of some things though.

I recently found out that my employer will pay for a certain amount of volunteer hours. So, I can start helping out a couple hours here and there during the week.

2 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

I see that there's a workday tomorrow evening, but I can't make that time. I could be available tomorrow morning (Thurs. 10/4) to take care of some things though.

I recently found out that my employer will pay for a certain amount of volunteer hours. So, I can start helping out a couple hours here and there during the week.

We will be back out Thursday at 4pm.  You, or anyone else, is welcome to contact me so we can set up a trail project date/time that works for you.  I can accommodate almost any schedule with adequate lead time.

I've uploaded photos from our work out at Walnut Creek on Tuesday, October 2nd.  We moved two large boulders in the creek to shore up the rock path that stretches across the creek.  We also did some work on the opposite side of the creek. 

• Like 3

It's going to rain this weekend.  The soils are already damp and the trails are going to be muddy as soon as it rains. 

DON'T RIDE MUDDY TRAILS!  HELP FIX THEM INSTEAD:

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!  It will be too muddy to ride!  Help the ARR Trail Crew improve drainage on the trails so they dry out quicker once it stops raining.  We will do trail upkeep appropriate to conditions rain or shine: 

It may be a sunny day, but WC trails are still a muddy mess.  Come out on the 28th and give them some much needed TLC.  

I can attest that spending a morning doing some trail work is a GREAT way to give back to the trails. You will never really appreciate how much work it takes to maintain these little ribbons of dirt we all love until you grab a shovel and spend some time with a trail steward.

It’s what separates us from the roadies (not trying to start a flame war here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 9:10 AM, Tree Magnet said:

It’s what separates us from the roadies

Ahem... me and some of the guys doing a pave day this summer

BS1.png

• Like 3

The ARR Trail Crew really needs YOUR help.  The needs are great and we need a lot of people to get everything done.

Dig for three short hours, then ride with pride! 🙂  

RSVP here:

On 1/2/2019 at 12:55 AM, Chardog said:

I rsvp'd and will be there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eye opening morning, I will definitely be a regular.

20190106_100408.jpg

Edited by TheX
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheX said:

Eye opening morning, I will definitely be a regular.

20190106_100408.jpg

Thanks.  That means a lot to me.  It's regular concerted efforts that make a difference over time.

With a good crew of people willing to move dirt, it's amazing the amount of work that can be accomplished in a short time.  We converted three problem mud-holes into sweet berms that will be sustainable in this crazy wet weather we've been having.  It was great to meet fellow riders and talk bikes!

• Like 1

OK, just got out of the doctors office, had some oral surgery done to fix a bone defect. I'm not going to be able to make Sunday but I will be ready the weekend after.

Chardog, tomorrow evening I will be available to substitute my weekly ride with digging. Would it be possible to do some work at WC? I have no idea who else would join me, but I wanted to let you know.