IGNORED

Walnut Creek Update

TheX

Very packed, and a lot of dogs/kids/hikers/moms/people. Seems like a lot of people that aren't familiar with how to co-exist with bike riders, but still a great ride this morning. 

If you are a person that doesn't like to be around unmasked people, I would suggest going elsewhere. I was out there for 2.5+ hours, and saw two people with masks, one walking and the other riding. People are pretty much over it. Just an FYI.

Hmm. I was there from about 8-10:15 and it seemed slightly less crowded than normal for a nice Saturday morning. No masks, but plenty of space to distance. All the hikers I encountered cleared the trail when they saw/heard me and seemed friendly. Canine concentration and behavior seemed ordinary. Fewer bikers out than normal. Looks like it missed the shower yesterday, trails are in good shape but dusty and creek crossings about as dry a they get. Had a good ride (fitness not withstanding), would recommend.

It sure looks like some showers area headed for WC, but one never knows. This is an actual post from NextDoor Gracywoods, July 26, (my neighborhood just south of WC): 

I have had enough with Austin Emergency services tries to predict the weather! I have had enough with anyone in an official capacity trying to predict the weather. And DON"T think that WHEN it never rains, but everyone left home and fled home, you can close the discussion, and get away with it! All week long rain clouds have approached Austin and fallen apart. Noone is saying why. Noone but little old us cares! Now. If it CANNOT RAIN in Austin, will you PLEASE just say so, so we can go about our lives, and then LEAVE US ALONE! And DON"T be putting fake big menacing green stuff on Weather Radar!! I've just about HAD it with this city.

Edited by June Bug
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Barry said:

Yeah, lots of green stuff on the radar right now. But very little actual rain.

Yup, the lady I quoted upthread isn't wrong!  

Zipped over to WC even though things looked ominous, because the temps fell a little and there was a (relatively) cool breeze.  Started with a half Inner Log, whole Outer Log and a full Inner Log and headed home when it began to thunder.  A few drops fell, then eventually enough to get the pavement wet, barely, and that was it. 

This is consistent weather pattern; it seems our area up here is in a rain shadow of sorts. I've often watched a sure fire line of thunderstorms break apart and leave us dry. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Yup, the lady I quoted upthread isn't wrong!  

Zipped over to WC even though things looked ominous, because the temps fell a little and there was a (relatively) cool breeze.  Started with a half Inner Log, whole Outer Log and a full Inner Log and headed home when it began to thunder.  A few drops fell, then eventually enough to get the pavement wet, barely, and that was it. 

This is consistent weather pattern; it seems our area up here is in a rain shadow of sorts. I've often watched a sure fire line of thunderstorms break apart and leave us dry. 

Maybe it's all the gasses escaping from the poop bags that create a high-pressure dome over Walnut Creek and the surrounding area.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...