IGNORED

BCGB requires reservations now?!?!?!

Any opened up green space will not change demand for close in swimming holes. You could open up all BCP and it wouldn't draw the crowds away from Barton Creek, maybe some bikers and hikers. Remember they did just pave a path from downtown right to Twin Falls access, and a bridge from the other side too. Plus parks were preferred to lockdown blues, with sun and exercise being touted as safe and good mental health decisions.

• Like 1

Hard pass from me! I think I'll just run through the sprinkler. 

In another era of my life, I loved to go to hot springs.  My ex and I were on spring break in AZ, and decided to go find Strawberry Hot Springs  on the Verde River. Getting there was an adventure in itself.  There was an extensive "living in vans down by the river" scene  and as we were wading across the river a guy told us the hot springs was "pretty mondo."  So yes, it was a kind of a human slurry, with people tripping on acid and whatnot. We soaked and went home without becoming infected, high or diseased but it was probably a very close call. 

I cannot even imagine what is growing in Campbell's Hole, Twin Falls or wherever else has water right now, including e. coli at the least.  Also, a perfect set up for the growth of primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), courtesy of the Naegleria fowleri amoeba. Each summer, it's not unusual for a kid or two to get it swimming in a Texas lake. It likes to grow in warm shallow water. 

Wonder what the indigenous scene was like at Barton Springs in, say, 1500, B.C. Was it considered a neutral zone where small bands from different tribes could intermingle, hang out and soak in small pools of icy water? I'd like to think so. 

A wee bit of respite from the heat on Monday, with a northerly breeze and the possibility of a high under 100 degrees! 

Have a nice weekend! 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

I know that there is a God... And that Jesus is Lord.

Beyond that... I'm good with just keeping it simple and enjoying the two above things that I know.

There's gotta be more than one God, humans are just too lazy to worship more than one thing and condensed it.

6 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

We gotta wait for our kids to finish high school so we got quite a few years to go, but this is our thought as well.

I hear ya' man.

We've been back in TX since 2013 and counting the days till we're empty nesters. Oldest is starting her sophomore year in college and youngest starting junior yr in HS. They are both aware we are o-u-t when our youngest walks the stage. If the market somehow manages to stay hot through next summer, I'll probably list my house and just rent for a year.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2