IGNORED

Upgrade Fork Question

txtraining

But, he REALLY likes his current frame. He’s said he has no problem dumping a ton of money in to it because he doesn’t think he’ll find another frame that fits the way this one will.

On the other hand, if money is not an issue as was stated...for the same money you could get a QUALITY custom frame welded up for you from any number of builders that would not only fit exactly the way you wanted, but be lighter, stronger, and a work of art. Don’t be fooled that an entry level frame is so unique in it’s fit that you can’t find a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the replies. I feel like I should delete the thread since I gained the knowledge I asked, but I will keep it open in case anybody else ever has the same scenario. Thank you to all who helped answer my questions. 

I have a Geurilla Gravity Gnarvana coming that I was fit for. I like my Hardrock and I still plan to upgrade it and use it to learn to work on instead of my Gnarvana.  When I need to upgrade the fork on the Gnarvana, I will have similar knowledge I gained from working on my Hardrock. 

For example tonight while changing the rotors, one of my bolts was stuck. I have learned to not strip the bolt; if you do,  cut it with a dremel to make an opening for a flathead screwdriver and use that to turn the bolt out.  I would rather learn that on a $250 bike than a $7,200 bike.

Last week I learned to bleed mineral brake lines. This week I learned when going up a size in rotors you need an adapter and next week I'll learn to add a new line to sram guide rsc brakes I purchased for my Hardrock.

After I choose a fork, I will gain that knowledge.  I appreciate everybody sharing their knowledge and time with me, for free.  Thank you

Edited by txtraining
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Cafeend said:

If he loves the bike then who cares? My wife isn't the same model she used to be and I am not looking to upgrade her parts or replace her.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was going to say something closer to this, except that I was once engaged to someone that I thought was perfect for me. That fell apart and I thought I'd never4 find anyone better. After more than 30 years together with my wife I can tell you that just because you think something is perfect for you now does not mean that will always be the case. Glad I stopped investing in that old relationship and didn't try to upgrade her.

• 2 weeks later...