IGNORED

Newbie Racer Questions (Peddlers Event in June)

5 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I've got a tandem, just say'n....

It wouldn't be that bad, it would just be slow.  I've ridden everything at Warda and RHR, and we were not the last people through the (non tandem) event.

-CJB

That would be kinda fun. 🤣🤣

Yep, fun is an appropriate term; its always such a novelty.  With a good stoker (and captain) team, along with a little practice you could probably be much faster than you'd guess.

-CJB

PS- I don't really have any desire to be a part of a tandem team, but if anyone wanted to give it a shot, I'm good with loaning out the tandem.

Yep, fun is an appropriate term; its always such a novelty.  With a good stoker (and captain) team, along with a little practice you could probably be much faster than you'd guess.
-CJB
PS- I don't really have any desire to be a part of a tandem team, but if anyone wanted to give it a shot, I'm good with loaning out the tandem.

If you've ever been on peddlers pass - you would know how utterly crazy it would be. That trail is TIGHT and there is not 1 straight section.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you've ever been on peddlers pass - you would know how utterly crazy it would be. That trail is TIGHT and there is not 1 straight section.

That's wear learning to pass on inside corners is gonna be fun

Pfft.  You're going to need the following (in no particular order of importance):

Spandex - everyone knows they are faster than baggies

$300 mtb-specific sunglasses - even if it's overcast (or even dark) you must wear these on your helmet to indicate that you are a true racer

Chamois cream - you can't go fast if your junk has any friction

Supplements and a nutrition/hydration plan - you've got to feed the engine!  Just to be safe, you're going to want to hire a nutritionist to plan all your meals pre, during, and post race

Skinny tires - 2.1s or smaller - Rolling resistance is your enemy!

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now...

1. It’s Lycra, bro. And it’s nice not to catch clothing on shit while racing. I’ve literally had my baggies get entangled in a shifter and cost me a State championship.

2. My glasses range from $2 dollar safety glasses to some nice bro ADDIDAS that even the broest O.F. bros Angie complimented me on. After multiple corneal abrasions it’s important to have eye protection that makes you feel good pretty, and doesn’t muck up with sweat by design.

3. Wear underwear with no seams

4. Original Red Bull 15 minutes before your lap. Literally.

5. I race a Hans Damf 2.35 front. I bet someone could win this race on a rigid Fat Bike running Dirt Component rims....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shinerider said:

That starts to sound like challenge-talk to me!  Luckily I'm not easily influenced by that kind of stuff....  😉  But I have ridden .6 out at WC, along with the Log Loops, so I don't think it would be much different than that.  Trust me, you won't be setting any speed records, but like I said with practice and a good stoker it wouldn't be all that bad.

-CJB

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CBaron said:

That starts to sound like challenge-talk to me!  Luckily I'm not easily influenced by that kind of stuff....  😉  But I have ridden .6 out at WC, along with the Log Loops, so I don't think it would be much different than that.  Trust me, you won't be setting any speed records, but like I said with practice and a good stoker it wouldn't be all that bad.

-CJB

Cody, what are the dimensions on that tandem?  I know you and Sherpa fit on it, but would me and a diminutive 12 year old?  She's like 4'7" and railing an XS 26er.

2 hours ago, spicewookie said:

Cody, what are the dimensions on that tandem?  I know you and Sherpa fit on it, but would me and a diminutive 12 year old?  She's like 4'7" and railing an XS 26er.

I've got a 10 yr old that is about that height, Ill have to check.  IMHO I think the problem may be for the captain.  I added a 29er front wheel to it and that lifted the front end a good bit.  I'm 5'10" (w/long legs) and the bike is a bit big for me.  I do have a 26er front wheel for it though.  Let me dig it out of the back of the garage and check on some things.

Later, -CJB

5 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Now I want to do it. I'm wondering if it would get high-sided on the A-frame bridges though.

• Haha 1