IGNORED

New Yeti models

Obviously, Pinkbike has the new SB150 on their front page right now, but there is also an SB130 model right now that looks very enticing for this area. Yes, it's expensive and yes it still has a pressfit bottom bracket. I'd still like to demo one. 150mm fork and 130mm rear travel and a parts list that I would leave alone except for the brakes. 

3 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

What's the best way to demo a Yeti? I'd love to swing a leg over the SB100 and maybe this SB130. I've read that the SB100 has some great party geo in spite of the short travel. 

I've never ridden a Yeti and am also interested in the answer to this question.

BSS and The Peddler both carry Yeti. BSS will cost you more than the Peddler will. I have no idea if either has the new models as part of their rental/demo fleet. 

The Peddler (512)218-5062

BSS Lamar (512)477-3472

Edited by MrMentallo
contact info

Only had one yeti, an SB66. Spent a little time on a SB95 and both platforms felt really active under power, kinda like the evils do.  I have no experience with the 2nd gen models but im sure they are just as good/better without the bearing failure. 

The 3rd gens seems like they (finally) nailed the geometry and updated the switch platform. They also kinda succeeded in making the bike look like a santa cruz and a pivot went to a party and got roofied.

I'd be down for one but at $3800 for just the frame, it better come with gold-plated bl@wjobs.

Peddler for the win if you're buying local.

Edited by ATXZJ

I bought a new Yeti 5.5 from BSS a few months ago. Ernest Borgniner works at the Lamar store and took extremely good care of me throughout the whole experience. Set up a demo, helped me spec it out, dialed it in, even helped me sell the stock aluminum wheels that I switched out for better hubs and carbon rims. And the love kept coming post-sale. Bike was 2 weeks old and I kicked up a loose jagged rock at Emma that damaged my front carbon rim. They set me up on the same wheel for a loaner and convinced Trek to do a full warranty replacement. Can’t say enough how satisfied I am with their level of service. These Yeti bikes are expensive for sure, but dayum...they pay it back. I still love my Santa Cruz Tallboy XTC but this Yeti makes everything seem easier. Climbs much better, descends like a beast and handles hucks like butter. Definitely the right bike for me. The only way to find out if it’s right for you is to go ride one. 

36AE6991-A7F0-4EF8-83B0-BB39255D6E02.jpeg

• Like 2