IGNORED

UCI World Cup DH

chuckt

3 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Yeah it's nuts. The difference in opinion between kerr and bruni is something else. 

Yeah the comments were not kind to Bruni.  I think most everyone else agreed on the format:  no semis, 60 qualify for 30 to make the finals which will be on TV.  The number for women is less but there was less agreement other than it needs to be more than 10.

BTW, WBD may also kill HBO/Max with their decisions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:49 AM, ATXZJ said:

Everything discovery touches dies.

Its dead. 

You now need to have Max and then add the sports package to watch DH racing. Minimum cost will $19.98 and $25.98 per month to watch racing.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/world-cup-racing-coming-to-max-as-999-add-on-in-2024.html

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Let's vow not to support them monetarily.  Maybe it will be so bad they'll drop it like a hot potato and RedBull will pick it up again.

There's going to be a large loss in viewership next season for sure. They'll bundle it with all the other crappy sports stuff so it will buried during the shareholder meetings. Agree that eventually it wont make sense economically for them to carry on hosting and broadcasting the events. My fear is what damage will be done by then. 

From what I understand one big production movie broke even this year. One. Big media is dead, and I can't wait for the funeral.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

Since I started racing (RC nitro cars) I was always fascinated by the quest to have someone else fund your racing.  I remember talented kids and pushy (really kind of a-hole) parents vying for sponsors.  At what point does it stop being fun?  It's the same thing with auto racing. I always felt sponsors get suckered into financing top-level racing (hey, if you can get someone else to pay of it, kudos!).  In the end, those guys will ride, and we will ride, we may not get to see the top-level talent on TV.

6 hours ago, GFisher said:

Wait, it is even worse than we thought. I am 95% sure it only has live coverage, no replays or on demand. Could you even record a third party app like this these days? 😡

This is why I refuse to pay for Peacock.  If I figure a way to watch the Euro feed on demand (paying for it) I'll do that (well, for CX, XC, and road.  I watched DH b/c it was there on Redbull but will not pay extra for that).