IGNORED

My Review - New Steadyrack Wall Rack

I've talked about this on the garage thread before; I think these are the best racks that are available on the market. If you have limited room in your garage and are using wall hanging for your bikes, the Steadyrack allows you to mount your bikes and then swing them to the left or to the right for access. This gives you a much denser packing, I have 3 bikes with 700mm bars in a 5' wide area that also includes the ability to open up a door and get in and out of the garage in that tight space. The original rack holds tires up to 2.4" and the new "MTB specific" version holds them up to 2.8". If anyone wants to check out how their bikes fit they are welcome to swing by.

Here's the full review for those that are interested: http://www.austinbike.com/index.php/product-reviews/351-review-new-steadyrack-mtb-wall-rack

Most importantly, getting the new rack allowed me to move the bikes around so that I could get a wider space for the door:

IMG_4320.jpg

door.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, crazyt said:

put a bar on that door. Put barn door pulls on both sides of the door. I have square edge ones from home depot/lowes that uses two screws on the top and the bottom, slide a 2x4 into them. No one is kicking in your door.

Reinforced strike plates with 4" screws also help.  I've done that to all my houses after my parents got the door kicked in back in San Antonio in the 80's.  It doesn't take much to split that 2X4 when you use the regular strike plates and short screws.

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

Reinforced strike plates with 4" screws also help.  I've done that to all my houses after my parents got the door kicked in back in San Antonio in the 80's.  It doesn't take much to split that 2X4 when you use the regular strike plates and short screws.

Yes, good idea. the bar idea is less workable because occasionally we need access from outside.

14 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

Didn't you build a Man-cave in your back yard for your toys?

No, that was a screen porch for a place to sit outside in a mosquito-infested yard. Sadly, we don't use it that much because it is too damn hot in Texas. There is a small window of opportunity that keeps getting smaller every year.

• Like 1