Jump to content
larlev

Well, it's on now

Recommended Posts

Pretty exciting, yet very scary. Today is first day as owner. Just got wrapped truck back.

FB_IMG_1565998923132.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, larlev said:

Pretty exciting, yet very scary. Today is first day as owner. Just got wrapped truck back.

FB_IMG_1565998923132.jpg

GL man, it's worth the pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the world of "killing your own food".  Its exciting, rewarding and challenging.

-CJB

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS- tell us a little about what your doing and what customers your looking for so that I (we?) can send over referrals.

-CJB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CBaron said:

PS- tell us a little about what your doing and what customers your looking for so that I (we?) can send over referrals.

-CJB

I'm doing Commercial Refrigeration , HVAC

Mainly walk-in freezers, coolers, Reach-ins,  ice machines, and HVAC.

Restaurants,  c-stores, liquor stores, etc.

I've been doing HEB, Target, Walmart Refrigeration for 18 years. Looking forward to all of this. 

Edited by larlev
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tomreece said:

Looks cool.

Do you need any help with a website? Let me know!

Damn, I do. I'm having a simple one made now, but definitely want something better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larlev said:

I'm doing Commercial Refrigeration , HVAC

Mainly walk-in freezers, coolers, Reach-ins,  ice machines, and HVAC.

Restaurants,  c-stores, liquor stores, etc.

I've been doing HEB, Target, Walmart Refrigeration for 18 years. Looking forward to all of this. 

PM sent😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, best of luck to you and hope all goes well in your business venture.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started my first business out of my parent's garage when I was 17... Started five more after... One was very successful, two did okay, the others failed.

Advice...

Overheads never sleep... Watch them like a hawk, and keep expenditure down.

Don't fall into the catch-22 of trying and go after as much business as you can thinking... Only deal with what you can handle with excellent service... More business will come to you as a result. More business means more overheads, which, if you lose business can very quickly become a major problem.

Keep costs down... Cashflow is king for small businesses. Small business have the ability to move more quickly than big businesses... But having cash available to do so is crucial... Don't spend because you think you can afford it... Spend based on profit return on expenditure.

Marketing... Word of mouth is cheapest, and comes as a result of good service reputation... Signage is next... But properly executed signage...

For example...

Your truck wrap... After reading "VAPOR REFRIGERATION", the first thing you read after is "RAM 1500".

You needed your telephone number/website info there instead (or below it). But now the reader has to go backward to see the number. It's not a big deal, I'm just pointing it out to you as an example of how properly thought through commercial art design works better for message impact.

Also... "VAPOR" is now immediately connected to smoking (Google search results support this), so, in my view, your name is starting a little behind the eight ball in brand/product recognition. Having the word "REFRIGERATION" right below is good, but you'll need to build this up.

More on marketing... All your material needs to be consistent in order to have the most effective and lasting market impact. Although this tends to be more necessary for consumer facing businesses, it is also necessary with B-B businesses as it expresses a professional disposition.

Proper marketing begins with proper marketing messaging. A website is great and important to have... But what people read/see on your website is what they come to it for.

Business economy... Build a strong support base/foundation undergirding your daily business activity. The common path of a small business is fast growth in the first three years, and then even faster decline. This is usually a result of the owner's focus on gaining as much business as possible, and lack of focus on building and maintaining an infrastructure that is able to support this business growth. It's like building a bridge without support underneath it... You will get to a point when the entire thing will collapse.

The need for this infrastructure is a bit of a two-edged sword... It's needed... But there is an expense to it... There is a very fine balance required... Which is why a good administrative manager is worth the money you pay them. But each situation is unique.

There are many more matters needed to consider... But then you can become bogged down considering them and not going out and servicing your business... Which brings us to time management... Make sure you are doing what earns you profit... And that's PROFIT... Not just money... Big difference.

Anyway... This is long, but assisting start ups is one of the things I do, and very much enjoy doing.

If you'd like to sit down and have a talk one day let me know... Especially where marketing is concerned (including message development).

Best to you...

Small businesses represent more that 50% of the job market in the US... Which is why it's so important to the overall economy of this country.

Many years ago a pastor told me that to help a small business owner helps this person be a better neighbor... A better neighbor can lead to a better neighborhood... A better local community... And on and on.

And an old hippie — who himself had just sold his very successful carrot cake bakery — I became good friends with in Negril, Jamaica, once said to me... The best aspect of a small business is that it pays people salaries, which helps provide a living for them and their families.

 

Edited by RidingAgain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

Started my first business out of my parent's garage when I was 17... Started five more after... One was very successful, two did okay, the others failed.

Advice...

Overheads never sleep... Watch them like a hawk, and keep expenditure down.

Don't fall into the catch-22 of trying and go after as much business as you can thinking... Only deal with what you can handle with excellent service... More business will come to you as a result. More business means more overheads, which, if you lose business can very quickly become a major problem.

Keep costs down... Cashflow is king for small businesses. Small business have the ability to move more quickly than big businesses... But having cash available to do so is crucial... Don't spend because you think you can afford it... Spend based on profit return on expenditure.

Marketing... Word of mouth is cheapest, and comes as a result of good service reputation... Signage is next... But properly executed signage...

For example...

Your truck wrap... After reading "VAPOR REFRIGERATION", the first thing you read after is "RAM 1500".

You needed your telephone number/website info there instead (or below it). But now the reader has to go backward to see the number. It's not a big deal, I'm just pointing it out to you as an example of how properly thought through commercial art design works better for message impact.

Also... "VAPOR" is now immediately connected to smoking (Google search results support this), so, in my view, your name is starting a little behind the eight ball in brand/product recognition. Having the word "REFRIGERATION" right below is good, but you'll need to build this up.

More on marketing... All your material needs to be consistent in order to have the most effective and lasting market impact. Although this tends to be more necessary for consumer facing businesses, it is also necessary with B-B businesses as it expresses a professional disposition.

Proper marketing begins with proper marketing messaging. A website is great and important to have... But what people read/see on your website is what they come to it for.

Business economy... Build a strong support base/foundation undergirding your daily business activity. The common path of a small business is fast growth in the first three years, and then even faster decline. This is usually a result of the owner's focus on gaining as much business as possible, and lack of focus on building and maintaining an infrastructure that is able to support this business growth. It's like building a bridge without support underneath it... You will get to a point when the entire thing will collapse.

The need for this infrastructure is a bit of a two-edged sword... It's needed... But there is an expense to it... There is a very fine balance required... Which is why a good administrative manager is worth the money you pay them. But each situation is unique.

There are many more matters needed to consider... But then you can become bogged down considering them and not going out and servicing your business... Which brings us to time management... Make sure you are doing what earns you profit... And that's PROFIT... Not just money... Big difference.

Anyway... This is long, but assisting start ups is one of the things I do, and very much enjoy doing.

If you'd like to sit down and have a talk one day let me know... Especially where marketing is concerned (including message development).

Best to you...

Small businesses represent more that 50% of the job market in the US... Which is why it's so important to the overall economy of this country.

Many years ago a pastor told me that to help a small business owner helps this person be a better neighbor... A better neighbor can lead to a better neighborhood... A better local community... And on and on.

And an old hippie — who himself had just sold his very successful carrot cake bakery — I became good friends with in Negril, Jamaica, once said to me... The best aspect of a small business is that it pays people salaries, which helps provide a living for them and their families.

 

 

What a cunt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, normally I hate people quoting him, but this is hilarious. Assisting startups is one of the things he does? He seems pretty damn poor, must not be very good at it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we have too fools speaking out of their poor little offended feelings towards me... And trolling on someone's thread as they normally do.

What a set of poor duffuses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see what he said, but I'll bet it's something like...

 

"I'm not a businessman, but I pretend to be one on the internet."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

And here we have too fools speaking out of their poor little offended feelings towards me... And trolling on someone's thread as they normally do.

What a set of poor duffuses.

 

Only an individual as delusional about their existence as yourself couldn't see the irony of offering business advice to someone. It's like going to a gym and the staff & trainers are overweight. 

 

Besides, isn't it Sunday? Shouldn't you be trolling confession booths for new "friends"? 

 

And it's two, not "too".

Edited by ATXZJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but...it can't be him...it must be EVERYONE else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larlev...

This is your thread... And the diffuses seem intent on taking it over.

I'll leave them to it...

As I said... If you'd like to sit down one day and discuss small business development... Just PM me.

Either way... All the best with your venture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

Larlev...



As I said... If you'd like to sit down one day and discuss small business development... Just PM me.
 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...