IGNORED

Old 11 spd needed

Watterman

Thanks for the links guys. Good deals to be sure but I am hoping for a great deal on a mostly worn out cassette. Any more than that and I will just ride what I got until my new bike shows up...although I would have to hide the wheels so I didn't have to look at them every trip through the garage 🙂

Throet; Clock material. That's what I'm talk'n about. 20-30 bux, ya know? 

I know I sound cheap but I just hemorrhaged thousands for a new bike and drivetrain. If I can't get free-cheap,  I should just be patient. Andy at Galaxy (San Marcos) has one in stock for ~150. If I just can't wait...

Another option if all the used options are out is to go cheap and heavy with Sunrace. http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/csmx9x 

The  CSMX9X ETY is 10-42T and can be had for about $100 through various online stores. 

Other than that, I have a pretty worn out 11 speed 9-46 E13 XD cassette, as well as a pretty worn out 11 speed 10-48 Gabaruk XD cassette. If your derailer can take that range, you're welcome to either one. Or you can take either one and just set your limit screw so you can't shift into the biggest ring. But how hackneyed to you want? 

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Other than that, I have a pretty worn out 11 speed 9-46 E13 XD cassette, as well as a pretty worn out 11 speed 10-48 Gabaruk XD cassette. If your derailer can take that range, you're welcome to either one. Or you can take either one and just set your limit screw so you can't shift into the biggest ring. But how hackneyed to you want? 

Haha, I had to look up "hackneyed" ..."hack" makes more sense to me now🙄.  That will work. I have 32 up front so the 10-48 makes sense with the limit screw, uhm.. hack.

I am out of town till Tuesday. I will PM you to sort a convenient time n place for you.  I will bring my box of removed parts and a little cash...

Cheers

Thanks Chief, I appreciate it. I circumvented the problem by moving up the purchase of a GX drivetrain. I was going to wait a couple months and purchase it when my Delano came in. 

New plan; install GX kit on my current ride and swap it over when the new bike comes. Sorry to be a pest.

W  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the info I get here so I wanted to follow up with how this played out for whoever cares;

I installed the new GX drivetrain on mt Jet9 with newly built 29" wheels with DT 350s. (i also upgraded the star ratchet rings on the hub "zzzzzzzz") 
Limited trail time but, so far so good.

I also picked up a 12 speed Sunrace cassette for my old 27.5s wheels w/Deore hubs that allows me to hot-swap the wheels. The cassette works surprisingly well with the GX kit. A true "hot-swap" with no adjustments needed. Love it.

This whole set-up will be shifted to my Fezzari deore when it comes in...some day. 

Thanks for the input on this thread

Cheers

• Like 3