Jump to content
AustinBike

Gettin' some strange

Recommended Posts

Rode BCGB and hit a few places that I have not ridden for a few years. Wow. What a difference. Too often we get caught up in riding the same lines and the same trails. When you try something you have not been on in a while it's pretty cool. Maybe you want to shred your queso, and then you realize that you haven't been on that trail for a long time.

My advice to all of you: remember where you used to ride and try that again. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Rode BCGB and hit a few places that I have not ridden for a few years. Wow. What a difference. Too often we get caught up in riding the same lines and the same trails. When you try something you have not been on in a while it's pretty cool. Maybe you want to shred your queso, and then you realize that you haven't been on that trail for a long time.

My advice to all of you: remember where you used to ride and try that again. 

This^

I get bored of trails pretty easily and like to switch things up often as possible. Even though a lot of the trails here are similar, they change quite a bit due to erosion and use. Went back to san marcos and was all smiles with what they'd done out there since the last ride.

Also go back and forth between flats and SPDs on our regular trails just to try stay sharp.

 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Also go back and forth between flats and SPDs on our regular trails just to try stay sharp.

Props.  I think I would die if I did this.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent some time doing the bi-directional trails in the reverse direction from what I always did. Felt like a stranger in a strange land.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the mtb with me on a business trip up to Dallas and hit Northshore for the first time since the 90's. Got lost on the west side because I was watching the Garmin instead of going by memory. Not that I wouldn't have got even more lost without the Garmin, it provides a great excuse though. It was great seeing what that trail has evolved into.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheX said:

I spent some time doing the bi-directional trails in the reverse direction from what I always did. Felt like a stranger in a strange land.

I laugh at myself doing this sometimes when I get momentarily disoriented as to where I am. Laugh, because maybe it's a trail I've been on dozens of times.  Doing something "backwards" or at night, "It's all new trail."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to hit up 4-5 different trails each week just to mix it up and not get bored or to complacent riding the same trails all the time.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, willatter said:

Took the mtb with me on a business trip up to Dallas and hit Northshore for the first time since the 90's. Got lost on the west side because I was watching the Garmin instead of going by memory. Not that I wouldn't have got even more lost without the Garmin, it provides a great excuse though. It was great seeing what that trail has evolved into.

 

When I had to have to travel up to Dallas for work, I always had my MTB with me. Would stop at Cameron Park on the way up there and then hit what I could after all the boring meetings once in Dallas. While all my coworkers were planning out where they were heading for drinks and dinner every night, I was long gone, out finding new trails. It was also a great way to get out of attending annoying business dinners with people I would rather not be socializing with.  Yet another reason to have a MTB! 🙂

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

When I had to have to travel up to Dallas for work, I always had my MTB with me. Would stop at Cameron Park on the way up there and then hit what I could after all the boring meetings once in Dallas. While all my coworkers were planning out where they were heading for drinks and dinner every night, I was long gone, out finding new trails. It was also a great way to get out of attending annoying business dinners with people I would rather not be socializing with.  Yet another reason to have a MTB! 🙂

 

 

Waco was on the list of possible stops as well yesterday. However, the wife booked us an air bnb for a getaway weekend a mile from cameron park. She was not happy when i loaded the bike up this afternoon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is so much out there - we are so lucky with what we have - rode ATX to Canterbury over lunch today - just a beautiful area.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...