IGNORED

Anyone Know Chris_in_atx?

When you posted this in the "Pay it forward" thread, I thought you might be paying them forward

Are you in Austin? I can leave the cassette tools out for you if you want to swing by (central Austin)

...perhaps he thought the same.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think we can all learn some valuable lessons here.

#1 don't loan tools to someone you don't know. If you do, get some collateral. 

#2 @Chris_n_atx is definitely not a man of his word. Been chasing him for several weeks now with lots of "you'll have them today, no BS" replies yet he's never shown up. So I am out a handful of tools. What pisses me off the most was I also left some vice grips for him. He did not say he needed them but I was trying to be extra helpful.

Says a lot about character.

If anybody ever comes across him, please let me know. He's probably blocked my texts which is why he has no longer replies to my messages. I guess it's time to go buy replacements.

You’re a good man AB loaning tools and it sucks that someone screwed you. Austin is big but the MTB community isn’t that big. Odds are with all the riding you do, you’ll run into him and hopefully this was all just a misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

You’re a good man AB loaning tools and it sucks that someone screwed you. Austin is big but the MTB community isn’t that big. Odds are with all the riding you do, you’ll run into him and hopefully this was all just a misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm 99.9% it is was not a misunderstanding. Apparently some people just don't give a shit about others once they get what they want.

They're also not aware of how much info is out on the internet. Luckily I'm not an ass. I could have called his girlfriend's parents saying I was looking for him because he ripped me off. That would have been an uncomfortable 6 months. But I'm not that guy. And, yeah, 30 minutes on the Google and I had their number.

• Like 1

"Anyone Know Chris_in_atx?"

Sure I know him, that son of a bitch owes me money!!

I'm kidding. I don't know him. But people suck sometimes. I think that 90% of people are good. The problem is the other 10% keep reaffirming that "people suck sometimes" 

• Like 2