IGNORED

Buds Required

Sluggo

1 minute ago, throet said:

In Indian Art, musical forms are said to evoke an emotional essence, or Rasa, of which there are eight. Nothing says Veeram (वीरं) (Heroism) quite like this piece from Knopfler!  

Mark is fucking brilliant!

• Like 2

like this piece from Knopfler!  

That dude is amazing. This song makes me think of three things.

1. Humans can’t be all bad if they can make music like that.
2. The dude with the tambourine is a mutha blanking genius and that is saying something when he’s on the stage with Knopfler who is another level.
3. I remember back in the ‘80s or ‘90s listening to a CD from the Jerky Boys (I think) where they prank called people and always gave the name Mark Knopfler. It was another time...

Thanks for sharing that. Goosebumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, throet said:

I have a story about this record.  When I was 11-13yo or so, I didn't have records of my own.  We had family kid records (I remember Heidi, and Grease) and such, and my dad (a practicing M.D. as well as a medical school teacher and researcher at the time) had a sizable classical music record collection, and some Beatles stuff.  Of course as kids, my siblings and I listened to pop music on the radio (this is in Monterrey Mexico) and did the whole waiting for our favorite song to record it while cursing the DJ that was talking on top of it.  

But my world was changed when one of my dad's students gave me a few old albums, specifically,  4 Queen Albums (Night at the Opera, Day at the Races, Queen, and Queen II), some "Heavy Metal" anthology records (had stuff like Uriah Heap, and I'm sure Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and other stuff but I really can't remember), Alan Parsons Project, and finally this Supertramp album.  I loved it.  I've recently (in the last 10 years) replaced it with a digital version.

Thanks for stirring those memories!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I have a story about this record.  When I was 11-13yo or so, I didn't have records of my own.  We had family kid records (I remember Heidi, and Grease) and such, and my dad (a practicing M.D. as well as a medical school teacher and researcher at the time) had a sizable classical music record collection, and some Beatles stuff.  Of course as kids, my siblings and I listened to pop music on the radio (this is in Monterrey Mexico) and did the whole waiting for our favorite song to record it while cursing the DJ that was talking on top of it.  

But my world was changed when one of my dad's students gave me a few old albums, specifically,  4 Queen Albums (Night at the Opera, Day at the Races, Queen, and Queen II), some "Heavy Metal" anthology records (had stuff like Uriah Heap, and I'm sure Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and other stuff but I really can't remember), Alan Parsons Project, and finally this Supertramp album.  I loved it.  I've recently (in the last 10 years) replaced it with a digital version.

I still have a LOT of vinyl. Listen to it a lot as well. Uriah Heep will forever be in rotation.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Great story! Thanks for sharing. All of my old vinyl would still be in my mother's basement someplace unless my younger siblings grabbed all of my stuff there. I just never took the time to gather up my things, despite having visited there many, many times over the years. I remember as a kids my brother and I signed up for one of those Columbia records deals from the TV Guide, where you get a boatload of albums for like 99 cents but then have to purchase some number of records (one per month) at full price. Probably got ripped off on that deal, but ended up with a pretty good starter set to grow from there. One that sticks out for me is that Grand Funk Railroad LP that came in gold vinyl. 

• Like 1