IGNORED

Cat Mountain group ride, open invite, this Saturday

Seths Pool

Cat mountain group ride in Austin on Saturday, open invite. anyone is welcome to join us. no fee/membership required, must sign liability waiver on freeride512.com, will do trail riding/climbing and also mix in a few shuttles. will be a great time! let me know if you are interested in joining!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seths Pool said:

Cat mountain group ride in Austin on Saturday, open invite. anyone is welcome to join us. no fee/membership required, must sign liability waiver on freeride512.com, will do trail riding/climbing and also mix in a few shuttles. will be a great time! let me know if you are interested in joining!

I'd be down for this. 

3 minutes ago, crazyt said:

What work needs to be done. Happy to do brush clearing and weed whacking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

just general clean up of the trails... trimming back overgrowth, cutting fallen trees across the trail, and clearing the trails that are covered in loose rocks and fallen leaves. I'm heading out there today at 3:30 with my chainsaw and leaf blower to do some trail maintenance...the most overgrown trail ive seen is the creek trail that goes to where the dead deer was

58 minutes ago, The Tip said:

Leaf blowers are lame when compared to what a weed trimmer can do. Weed trimmer can "blow" a trail much much faster than a leaf blower. Wet leaves easily too. It has the bonus of doing trimming if needed of course. Just try it once.

I'm always open to advice and suggestions to make my life easier building trail, and will give your method a shot sometime.

however, I have an Echo PB-770  https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Blowers/PB-770T and its one badass machine. 225+ mph wind and it blows 15lb rocks off the trail no problem. its better than 5+ men with rakes IMO. clears trail and blows everything out of cracks and crevices faster than you would believe. I borrowed it from a guy I know who owns a landscaping company and had to buy it from him after one day of using it.. one of the best trail building tools in my arsenal by far. I can't imagine any weed eater as powerful as this backpack dedicated blower, but I'm sure one may exist. 

but thanks for the tip I will totally try it!

Edited by Seths Pool

****UPDATE EVERYONE***** - RIDE WILL HAPPEN WEATHER PERMITTING. IF WE ARE GETTING RAINED ON SATURDAY, WE WILL POSTPONE. there are lots of rock surfaces and lumber features that will become very slippery if ridden wet. I want everyone to have an optimal experience at cat Mtn, so lets stay tuned to the weather and go from there. hopefully the weather holds out and we dont get rain Friday or Saturday..

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

Its barely even intermediate friendly.

people of ALL skill levels are welcome!!!!

......... to come dig. lol 😛

kidding!

but seriously though, cat mountain is a place for experienced riders to challenge themselves and grow their skill sets. the climbs are pretty steep and sustained, the single track is narrow and often has varying degrees of exposure, lots of chunky rocky tech , off camber, plentiful *steep* sections, and a mix of drops and jumps, and a handful of expert/pro level features.. its really an awesome trail system that should be able to satisfy the desires of many different types of riders. but at the same time, cat mtn will catch you slippin' if you get comfortable and dont stay on your toes. plenty of opportunities to get in over your head if you arent careful or prepared.

but with that being said I hope to see some of you guys there this Saturday and I hope the weather spares us!

Edited by Seths Pool
because
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok everyone!

CAT MTN IS A GO TOMORROW MORNING!   Dirt is amazing and should be 100% hero tomorrow morning. 

Cat DOs and cat donts- 

*helmets mandatory

*knee pads recommended

*best suited for enduro/AM/ trail bikes

*dont bring you’re DH bike, you’ll be pushing it around majority of the day, and XC bike riders beware, your bike and skills will be tested here. 

*dropper posts strongly recommended. Very frequent and sudden grade changes 

*ride aggressive tires here 

*be prepared, eat well, hydrate, don’t show up hung over. Cat mtn is a demanding trail system going both up and down. 

*dont bring beginners. This is a strong intermediate and above trail system. 

*ride within your limits 

what to expect - 

*raw and technical trails, narrow Singletrack, various amounts of exposure in areas, rock rollers, drops, jumps, lumber features, some steep sections. 

Its gonna be a great time and sounds like a pretty big turnout to be expected. 

Hope to see you guys there! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

CAT MTN IS A GO TOMORROW MORNING!   Dirt is amazing and should be 100% hero tomorrow morning. 

XC bike riders beware, your bike and skills will be tested here. 

Welp, ill be riding an XC rig but will try to keep an enduro state of mind 🤣

Thanks for organizing this Seth

• Thanks 1