IGNORED

Are mid drive motors too low for our terrain?

crazyt

Im thinking about getting something like a bafang bbs02. It replaces your crank and the motor goes under the downtube. the battery goes where the water bottle holder goes inside the triangle.

What Im wondering is what kind of ground clearance hit is there?  Has anyone done this or a similar conversion? Is there a better motor for austin terrain?

loSc2mtltkcBELxFjTFOH8TFkam07GO9qfjD5hbL

17 hours ago, Cafeend said:

You have said to me before you'd get one when your own motor starts to shit out.
I dont blame you if it means you can keep riding

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I stand by that, and every time I ride, my own motor takes another shit....so, this could be coming soon!

Note: for those that ride with me, you'll need to carry extra batteries for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, notyal said:

Anything that sits under the BB, especially hanging down lower than a chainring, is going to be a target for rocks.

I have a tendency to ding my chain/chainring punching over straight ledges higher than 2 ft when I can't get a fast enough run in. With something like this attached, I'm assuming you would avoid maneuvers that expose the added equipment, unless of course that motor gives you enough power to just bunny hop onto big ledges.