ATXZJ

Madrone

We're thinking about hitting up Madrone at canyon lake sunday the 26th. Been a bit and need to get back out there before the weather turns to dogshit.

10-11 AM 

Deborah got home today, and she's feeling really good. If she is OK with me being gone that day I'm in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheX said:

Deborah got home today, and she's feeling really good. If she is OK with me being gone that day I'm in.

bad ass

Crap, I thought this was nine days from now. No way I can make it two days from now.

should be nice and dry by then, and is always a fun ride.  I usually try to get out here once or twice a week along with flat rock which are my two go to trails. 

• Like 1

I haven't been there yet, going to have to change that.

• Like 1

It is worth the drive, but short, so ride it twice, once in each direction. Then you have a 15-16 mile ride without really duplicating anything.

• Like 1

Ridden it quite a few times, but its been a couple years since last there (nasty crash). My wife has two go-to trails and one is slaughter creek and other is madrone. I prefer madrone as there's some bonus lines to keep things interesting. We usually do 2-3 laps of slaughter for fitness only. 

Her bonus lines are margaritas at the marina afterward😄

• Like 1

As much as I'd like to go, I'm going to be sticking to trails closer to home for a while until I fully recover from my injury. I'm pretty much riding all the same stuff now, but nowhere near the level I was riding pre-injury. Also my ass starts hurting after about an hour-and-a-half. Rode yesterday and today and feel like I may need a break tomorrow. Definitely want to get out there though before the summer heat rolls in; so keep me in mind for a future ride there. Maybe I can drag @Chief out there with me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, throet said:

As much as I'd like to go, I'm going to be sticking to trails closer to home for a while until I fully recover from my injury. I'm pretty much riding all the same stuff now, but nowhere near the level I was riding pre-injury. Also my ass starts hurting after about an hour-and-a-half. Rode yesterday and today and feel like I may need a break tomorrow. Definitely want to get out there though before the summer heat rolls in; so keep me in mind for a future ride there. Maybe I can drag @Chief out there with me. 

I'd go. Been there a couple times. Nothing too technical just some rock garden areas as I recall.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, throet said:

11 hours ago, Chief said:

I'd go. Been there a couple times. Nothing too technical just some rock garden areas as I recall.

The last few times I rode out there was able to hit some drops that was kinda fun. Ridden it backwards from marina to parking just for lolz a couple of times. Definitely more fun as a group...but most all rides are anyway.

IMG_20160213_154817_3.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ

On 1/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, Chief said:

Yeah, that is pretty much it. The issue I always have with the rock gardens is that I ride it so infrequently that I forget the lines. The second lap is always better than the first because there aren't as many dabs along the way.

• Like 1

My wife is recovering pretty quickly, I need to make it out there soon.

11 hours ago, notyal said:

Did this ride happen? It was pretty wet this past Sunday.

15 minutes ago, natas1321 said:

Was dry except 2-3 small spots.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, TheX said:

My wife is recovering pretty quickly, I need to make it out there soon.

We ended going to visit SATN instead. Wasn't willing to roll the dice for the drive time.

ABSOLUTELY want to do this as a group in the near future.

• Like 1

Just finished a ride here today has a few wet spots but should be good tomorrow would think.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Madrone is the closest trail to my house although I don't ride there that often because I know more trails and more people in Austin. It would be nice to get a group ride out there, especially a recurring weekday evening ride.

• Like 1