IGNORED

Is the Cat Mountain trail head a secret?

I've seen these trails mentioned numerous places and I know where the Cat Mountain area itself is, but it seems to never be mentioned how to access these trails proper.

Is this intentionally being kept a secret (a la DM's only)?

I'm familiar with the Bull Creek trails, Thumper (it's been awhile) and some others in the area.

Anyone want to help a brother out with some details?  I'm looking for some new trails to mix up my weekly ride.

Thanks,
Scott

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AngryPirate said:

I've seen these trails mentioned numerous places and I know where the Cat Mountain area itself is, but it seems to never be mentioned how to access these trails proper.

Is this intentionally being kept a secret (a la DM's only)?

I'm familiar with the Bull Creek trails, Thumper (it's been awhile) and some others in the area.

Anyone want to help a brother out with some details?  I'm looking for some new trails to mix up my weekly ride.

Thanks,
Scott

The cat mountain trails have been built and maintained by free ride 512 and i think they want you to be a member (I think it’s in the realm of $50 a year) to ride out there to cover their insurance. If you want more info or a tour contact Seth Buckner ( sethpools on this site), he I believe is their trail steward for cat mountain 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4fun said:

The cat mountain trails have been built and maintained by free ride 512 and i think they want you to be a member (I think it’s in the realm of $50 a year) to ride out there to cover their insurance. If you want more info or a tour contact Seth Buckner ( sethpools on this site), he I believe is their trail steward for cat mountain 

Thanks @4fun

Yeah, even if you don't join, there is a waiver you have to sign because it is private land and the owner (who is a rider) doesn't want the liability. It's a smart move on his part because of the nature of the trails. Loads of jumps and freeride type of things to do there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrMentallo said:

Yeah, even if you don't join, there is a waiver you have to sign because it is private land and the owner (who is a rider) doesn't want the liability. It's a smart move on his part because of the nature of the trails. Loads of jumps and freeride type of things to do there.

I completely agree and understand.

we definitely want more riders to keep the trail tamped down and to help monitor for trespassers, but the jumps are dangerous so we need ppl to be covered. There is quite a bit of cross country stuff (long hill climbs) but seth cant seem to help putting in big drops everywhere 🙂

Neighbor is trying to do adverse possession so we are depending on riders to report any encroachment by neighbors via fence lines, illegal cutting of trees, and theft/vandalism.

Edited by crazyt
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sluggo said:

Adverse possession? What does that mean?

If someone fences in or otherwise takes your land without your permission for long enough they can own it.  It is more complicated than this short explanation, but you can google it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crazyt said:

Neighbor is trying to do adverse possession so we are depending on riders to report any encroachment by neighbors via fence lines, illegal cutting of trees, and theft/vandalism.

Anthony- whats their motive for doing that?

-CJB

29 minutes ago, crazyt said:

If someone fences in or otherwise takes your land without your permission for long enough they can own it.  It is more complicated than this short explanation, but you can google it. 

Sounds like this neighbor is an invasive species from the west coast!😁

3 hours ago, notyal said:

So, back to riding Cat Mt., is it possible to ride it without a full-on FR512 membership? 

I'm sure it's a great group and all. It's just not geographically viable for me.

You prob want to sign up for Seth'sTours first. It's a little odd to navigate. And bring the full face if you are gonna ride it how it's intended. Or putter around and walk it like I did.

You prob want to sign up for Seth'sTours first. It's a little odd to navigate. And bring the full face if you are gonna ride it how it's intended. Or putter around and walk it like I did.
For $ 19.99 but thats not all! Be the first 100 callers and you will receive a frame testing bat to test your own carbon frames...BUT WAIT! You will also get GG stickers ! That is not all.. You also get your very own SethPool bandanna. Call Now Ex MoJo-ers and he can throw in an aquarium.. Or is that a different tour?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

For $ 19.99 but thats not all! Be the first 100 callers and you will receive a frame testing bat to test your own carbon frames...BUT WAIT! You will also get GG stickers ! That is not all.. You also get your very own SethPool bandanna. Call Now Ex MoJo-ers and he can throw in an aquarium.. Or is that a different tour?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

How much for a tour of the goat farm? Looking for the "full experience". Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3