IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Spent about 2 hours wandering around SN yesterday, and discovered that little section listed on Strava as "I hang to the left." So many beautiful trails out there.  Also, I decided I really like the fact that it's not signed or marked, gives a sense of adventure you can't find anywhere else in brushy.  As long as you don't try to sneak in a ride on a lunch break lol
The landscape out there is different than the rest of brushy, feels more wild and remote  with all of the trees.  Took a super cool pic of my son on Christmas day riding the bridge about halfway up SN.  Really hope the bulk of the SN area sticks around after all of the development is complete.  #keepSNwild 
sn.thumb.jpg.1c4813656fa0932f6264ee885f23905c.jpg
You have the right idea. Ride without a hard stop time and you can have a great time. Crazy amount of options available. I'm pretty sure we passed you and your kid on Christmas day. It was a nice day

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just now, Cafeend said:

You have the right idea. Ride without a hard stop time and you can have a great time. Crazy amount of options available. I'm pretty sure we passed you and your kid on Christmas day. It was a nice day

Yeah, I was just going to say, I think we passed you and your son. Awesome day to be out there

FWIW, I would totally be down for the New Years ride if that happens.  Live up here on Brightwater/Great Oaks and I'm always looking for people to ride with. 
We will leave on SN @ 10 AM Wed morning.
Me and Smithy meet by Red Horn parking behind the bank. We ride pretty chill and it's by no means a type A personality ride. We laugh and gossip and enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

We will leave on SN @ 10 AM Wed morning.
Me and Smithy meet by Red Horn parking behind the bank. We ride pretty chill and it's by no means a type A personality ride. We laugh and gossip and enjoy it.

Awesome, that is exactly my speed.  I've been riding for about a year and ride a single speed 29er with no suspension.  I can hold my own but definitely don't break any strava KOM's out there.   

Edited by rbetzing

Awesome, that is exactly my speed.  I've been riding for about a year and ride a single speed 29er with no suspension.  I can hold my own but definitely don't break any strava KOM's out there.   
Cool.. my second bike is a SS also. They are fun

Spent about 2 hours wandering around SN yesterday, and discovered that little section listed on Strava as "I hang to the left." So many beautiful trails out there.  Also, I decided I really like the fact that it's not signed or marked, gives a sense of adventure you can't find anywhere else in brushy.  As long as you don't try to sneak in a ride on a lunch break lol
The landscape out there is different than the rest of brushy, feels more wild and remote  with all of the trees.  Took a super cool pic of my son on Christmas day riding the bridge about halfway up SN.  Really hope the bulk of the SN area sticks around after all of the development is complete.  #keepSNwild 
sn.thumb.jpg.1c4813656fa0932f6264ee885f23905c.jpg

I totally agree with your assessment of SN. I feel that it’s more of a cross country/exploration experience. I just finished a 15 mile loop from my garage to Peddler bike shop and back. Rode the trails at the church. A ton of potential. Fun jeep and single track tails. Currently just the surface is scratched as there is a huge amount of potential for a lot of single track. For what’s there atm is all smiles. The jump and wood features at the church look fun. The SN area just keeps getting better and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rbetzing said:

Ah yes, maybe on the way back.  He wiped out shorty after this pic, then wanted to go home and play fortnite lol.  It was a magical day for about 30 minutes up until then tho. 

Reminds me...need to kick my oldest out of the house to go do some activity.  My dad had to do that with me, now it's my turn (also have to turn off all the damn lights in the house...)

19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Reminds me...need to kick my oldest out of the house to go do some activity.  My dad had to do that with me, now it's my turn (also have to turn off all the damn lights in the house...)

Yeah man - if you need motivation to get your kiddo off the video games and out of the house, take him on a bike ride.  It was a real eye opener for me.  When I got home, my wife and I decided the kids are going to start earning time on electronics based on how much time they spend outside.  Especially here in brushy creek, they have NO idea how blessed they are with the parks and trails we have around here.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, trailrider77 said:

I totally agree with your assessment of SN. I feel that it’s more of a cross country/exploration experience. I just finished a 15 mile loop from my garage to Peddler bike shop and back. Rode the trails at the church. A ton of potential. Fun jeep and single track tails. Currently just the surface is scratched as there is a huge amount of potential for a lot of single track. For what’s there atm is all smiles. The jump and wood features at the church look fun. The SN area just keeps getting better and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, went out there again today and found even more trails I hadn't found before.  So much fun.  Best part was, I needed to fax something, so I went to that UPS store on Parmer, and basically rode trails the entire way from my house until I popped out by the fire station.  Probably the most fun I've ever had running a lame errand lol.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

On Sir. Gonna be chill and my brakes my squeal. I know how much you love that.
Havent see you in awhile .

That's ok my rear brake squeals on occasion. Gonna need to be chill I haven't ridden in a few weeks with all the holiday stuff.

Thanks for awesome time today was good to get out on the bike it’s been a couple weeks. Would definitely like to do it again sometime when I have a bit more time. Was really good though and cool to see the new stuff I haven’t seen. I think the church trails are better with a group than solo. JMO. 

• Like 2