IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

Has anyone investigated the feasibility of constructing some tasty singletrack along the Brushy Creek Regional Trail?

I've started looking into it officially since there is a severe shortage of singletrack up there. The main trail is nice, but it does not offer much in the way of challenge and/or riding experience.

I was wondering if anyone had officially looked into having legal singletrack built and what his/her experience has been? (Was the proposal met with complete opposition, open-mindedness, reservation)??

I personally, along with some riders I have talked to along the trail, would LOVE to see some nice singletrack up that way....the land is PERFECT for building sustainable, flowy singletrack from what I can see.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Something ain't right when the Brushy Creek thread falls to page 2! Fixed. Just rode Double Down end to end for the first time since probably May. Had to stop a few times to catch my breath, but it actually felt really good getting my ass kicked. 

EDIT: There's a low hanging cedar branch that clipped my helmet really hard! It's right at the beginning of that climb that is around the bend after descending from Ray's Collarbone. Just as I was accelerating to get up that climb - BAM! I went back to see if I could somehow bend it back off the trail but that was a no go. Not sure how it got to the state it is in, but I've ridden that section of trail hundreds of times without ever even noticing it. Oh and I actually learned at the doctor's office that I'm an inch shorter than I used to be; so no, I'm not getting taller.  

Edited by throet

1 hour ago, MrMentallo said:

What is it with you and banging your head? Riding style? You aren't abnormally tall or doing anything obviously different from anybody else. You aren't a crappy rider either. 

That's a fair question - wish I knew. I'm starting to see CTE in my future! If Cheif's riding in the morning, I'll get him to check that spot out with me. I'd like to believe that particular cedar is posing a legitimate threat to other riders too, but maybe it's just me.  

2 hours ago, throet said:

That's a fair question - wish I knew. I'm starting to see CTE in my future! If Cheif's riding in the morning, I'll get him to check that spot out with me. I'd like to believe that particular cedar is posing a legitimate threat to other riders too, but maybe it's just me.  

Hey T--I dont have to be into work till late so was going to go ride around 7 to 730ish. Maybe Ill see yall out there. Starting at your usual spot?

3 hours ago, throet said:

I just think everything is growing and needs a little trimming! I took my helmet off my head pre hopping into the ditch by the regional trail the other day! I’ve done that hundreds of times and never had a problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Hey T--I dont have to be into work till late so was going to go ride around 7 to 730ish. Maybe Ill see yall out there. Starting at your usual spot?

Chief and I are meeting at 7:30 under the 183A bridge. Meet us there. I'll text you as well. 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:53 AM, Cafeend said:

Has anyone investigated the feasibility of constructing some tasty singletrack along the Brushy Creek Regional Trail?

I've started looking into it officially since there is a severe shortage of singletrack up there. The main trail is nice, but it does not offer much in the way of challenge and/or riding experience.

I was wondering if anyone had officially looked into having legal singletrack built and what his/her experience has been? (Was the proposal met with complete opposition, open-mindedness, reservation)??

I personally, along with some riders I have talked to along the trail, would LOVE to see some nice singletrack up that way....the land is PERFECT for building sustainable, flowy singletrack from what I can see.

Do you think it will be more technical than Walnut? If so, please indicate by how many notches (in quarter increments). 

• Like 1

It was great getting the Fri morning ride back on track today. Still missing #Morris, but #Cafeend joined me and #Chief this morning. Those guys both have to go to work though, while I get to fix omelets for me and my wife and then take a nap. I'm going to post this up in the Ride Calls section as a regular Fri morning thing in case others are interested.    

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'll need to join that Friday morning ride one of these weeks to see if I can keep up.  

Here's my Strava from this morning (including to and from my house). We rode part of Picnic, then 1/4 Notch W-E, then Peddlers. Those guys split and then I rode Rim and Snail to finish things off. Definitely a casual pace but we'll likely pick it up once the weather cools.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1794321994

Edited by throet
  • Like 2