IGNORED

What ya drinkin? Share your thoughts on Beer, Wine, and Spirits!

throet

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Honestly, good for HighWest for "selling out." Their whole line of whiskey is quite good, and so far as I can tell, the sell out hasn't damaged their integrity. They're still the company who tells you more about their sourced whiskey than any other out there. They are basically the Compass Box of American whisky, except they just used blends to jumpstart their distillery business. They're holding on to their core range, and gradually transferring the sourced whiskies over with their whiskeys. There is a right way and a wrong way, and dammit, they're 100% doing it the right way and have been since the beginning. And anything that keeps me drinking a very occasional bottle of A Midwinter Night's Dram is okay with me.

Have no problem with them selling to a big brand, just redirecting my money to people who can use it more than they do😉. The 7k Vodka, Double, Rendezvous, and Bourye were our go-tos. Interestingly, the bourye was half the price back then.  

On another note, when it came to vodka, Koenig was probably one of my favorites in the mountain west.

http://www.koenigdistillery.com/

On 4/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, AntonioGG said:

Hair belly.  LOL!!  How was it?

It was amazingly good based on my expectations. Would have preferred longer strands, it was more chopped up than I prefer. In Korea I used to get full octopus legs and I'd eat those with beer all the time. If I look back on many of my expense reports back in the day, 7-11 was a common dinner charge. A couple cans of beer and some spicy octopus and I was good for the night.

Total Wine (south) is solid.

If you can't buy something you know they have, call them. Lots of stuff is not on the website. My wife wanted Bucket Head IPA so we drove to the brewery as their website said they are doing curbside. It was closed up, almost looked abandoned. Called Total Wine because I knew they carried it. They pulled 4 six packs and had them waiting up front for me. Total inside time less than a minute. Great service!

16 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Trying to keep it local, and a little different this time. Rum on the rocks? Sure!

IMG_20200424_192120147.jpg

I've got to say ……. you are the most diverse drinker I've ever come across! Seems you discriminate against virtually no alcoholic beverage. Good on you buddy! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, throet said:

I've got to say ……. you are the most diverse drinker I've ever come across! Seems you discriminate against virtually no alcoholic beverage. Good on you buddy! 

Thanks my friend!

They say variety is the spice of life so we do tend to wander off the beaten path a bit. Wife is also of Irish descent so she can damn near go toe 2 toe with me on booze so we usually just share most everything I buy.

Except blackstrap rum....f*ck that stuff..........forever

Hit Spec's curbside today and things are about to get weird over here😎

IMG_20200427_145513500.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ

4 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Thanks my friend!

They say variety is the spice of life so we do tend to wander off the beaten path a bit. Wife is also of Irish descent so she can damn near go toe 2 toe with me on booze so we usually just share most everything I buy.

Except blackstrap rum....f*ck that stuff..........forever

Hit Spec's curbside today and things are about to get weird over here😎

IMG_20200427_145513500.jpg

Ha I was just getting ready to post about what's looking to be my favorite lager for summer 2020. Never even knew there was such a thing as IPL. 

I believe when you and I finally do get together we might be drinking boilermakers. 

IMAG2823.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, throet said:

I believe when you and I finally do get together we might be drinking boilermakers. 

People in my neighborhood have been having across the lawn picnics.  I've noticed lots of people putting their hammocks and patio furniture out front and hanging out at a distance with their neighbors.  I think that's really cool and responsible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AntonioGG said:

People in my neighborhood have been having across the lawn picnics.  I've noticed lots of people putting their hammocks and patio furniture out front and hanging out at a distance with their neighbors.  I think that's really cool and responsible.

My neighbor across the street has had a steady stream of close-contact gatherings in his driveway (never have figured out why they don't use their outdoor living space in the backyard) ever since the lockdown. They're still going on; so apparently nobody in that household has gotten sick yet. I'm no

8 minutes ago, throet said:

Ha I was just getting ready to post about what's looking to be my favorite lager for summer 2020. Never even knew there was such a thing as IPL. 

EDIT - With the Sisyphus you don't need boilermakers!!!! 

IMAG2823.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, throet said:

My neighbor across the street has had a steady stream of close-contact gatherings in his driveway (never have figured out why they don't use their outdoor living space in the backyard) ever since the lockdown. They're still going on; so apparently nobody in that household has gotten sick yet. I'm no

We've been introduced to the idea of "pods". Think of the small handful of people that you can really trust that you KNOW are following the rules. If all of you have been clean for the last 14 days, then you could theoretically meet up with them. Bring your own cooler, bring your own food and some camp chairs. Stay 6 feet away.

Have not done this yet, but there are 2 couples (no kids, following the rules) that we might be seeing in the near future. I am stunned by the families in my neighborhood that seem to let all of their kids play together, especially while the parents are all wearing masks. I guess some people just don't get it.

We’ve been doing some tailgating at empty parking lots with friends. Park a couple spaces away from each other, order a picnic dinner from a locally owned place, and we yell across the parking lot to each other. Better than a zoom meeting at least. And yes, the kids run around but they’ve actually shown (with a few reminders) that they can keep a safe distance from each other. Bringing scooter and bikes actually help because kids naturally keep distancing when they’re riding. It’s been great so far. The kids are totally worn out by the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's BS that's transpiring on the job or RA's rants that have me worked up, but I'm going through this fresh bottle of Woodford's much quicker than I should. It's actually really good stuff and goes down easy - not that most don't. Good selection in the reasonably priced range of bourbons, but of course I welcome @Barry's expert opinion since I can't discern chocolate from oak from coffee or whatever the hell else bourbon is supposed to taste like. 

IMAG2825.jpg

• Like 3