IGNORED

Veggie Buffet Ride - Sunday 9/16

AustinBike

Yeah, the trails will still be too wet so I am going to do another veggie buffet this Sunday. If anyone wants to join, I will start at Ramsey Park (https://goo.gl/maps/jCfcL7m8y7A2) at 9AM. At my pace it should take about 5 hours, so we should be back ~2 or 2:30. Route will follow the EB route to Zilker, MoPac frontage, up 360, Courtyard, City Park Road, lap around the outside of City Park, Jester, 360, Spicewood Springs to St. Ed's, Yaupon, Jollyville, Duval, S. Walnut Creek trail, then back down Shoal Creek to the start.

This is not an official ride, just my training ride, but if you want to join, we'll see you there. This means I am not responsible for you, it is self paced and you are just there for the fun. If you fall behind or get lost I won't be responsible. My pace is ~10-11MPH and I will be on a mountain bike, not a road bike. 

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 2

I had planned on leaving my house by 8am.  I ended up not leaving until 8:45am.   Good to see the 3 of you on City Park Rd.  It was my first and last time on Pearce Rd.  Too narrow, too many blind corners, too many impatient Porsche SUV drivers for my taste.  I was keeping a pretty good average of about 12mph until Jester, when the sun came out.  Until then I had done all the hills without stopping.  I think I stopped 3 times in the shade at Jester.  I don't like riding Old Spicewood Springs this late on a weekend day so I went up Bluegrass.  I had planned on going down and back up Yaupon, but I was dealing with some pain on my left hip so I cut the ride short and headed home.  I need to see what that's about before the real thing.  I still got almost 47 miles.  Thanks for calling this ride and inspiring me to do this even if I didn't ride with you guys. 

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks to Albert and Shane for waitin g for me so much. We did 50 and even got dumped on with rain in the last 3 miles. What a day. I averaged ~9.5 against the 10 from Monday. The humidity is to blame. After Monday I thought I have this thing in the bag. After today I think I need more training. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the humidity today was pretty brutal.  Even worse at the end of the ride when it stopped raining and the sun came back out.  Glad we did the ride, though!  I hadn't climbed any of those roads since the last Enchilada Buffet I did, which was years ago now.  Too bad it's on a weekend I'll be out of town, which was also the case last year.  😞

Shane was repeatedly waiting for both of us!!

..Al