IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

41 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

@throet can you provide me a map or description on where this is located. I’m not entirely up to speed yet on all of the feature names out on DD. I’d like to get out there this afternoon and see how this can be restored. 

+1   I am happy to help remedy as early as this weekend, but I just don't understand the place you are talking about.  @GreenMTBrider let me know if you go out.

Truth or Dare is the step down that is physically right next to EBD (assuming you know what EBD is!). EBD and Truth or Dare both come off or go onto the same rock slab on top of which there is generally a line of rocks showing you the trail direction. Traveling EtoW, after EBD, Truth or Dare is about 0.2 miles down-trail from EBD after to go through "The Chunk" and go up "The Wall."

@3:42

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GreenMTBrider said:

@throet can you provide me a map or description on where this is located. I’m not entirely up to speed yet on all of the feature names out on DD. I’d like to get out there this afternoon and see how this can be restored. 

It's at 3:43 on the embedded video. After making the long climb up to EBD and then taking the short loop through a number of features, Truth or Dare is where you can either stay left (Truth) or go right (Dare) to drop into the descent that follows. Hope this helps but happy to meet out there tomorrow. Booked in meetings the rest of the day. 

EDIT: Sorry for the duplication - hadn't seen that @Barry already provided the assist. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Okay, got it, thanks guys. I’m hoping to go over there this afternoon. Not sure I’ll be able to do any work tomorrow due to other commitments but Sunday is looking good. 

Thanks. I'm really scratching my head over why somebody would go to so much trouble to move such a heavy slab of rock. It's possible that somebody sensed some slight movement when dropping onto it and decided it was a hazard, but the little bit of movement you would get on that big flat rock was really of no concern. Without it there, dropping in at that same spot at slow speed would be an instant OTB for me. Suppose you could just huck off of it at high speed but that's definitely not an option for me. I ended up finding an alternate line down a little further right, but then you're essentially coming in right where the separator rocks are lined up dividing the slab between the EBD line and the Truth-Dare line. 

4 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Is this the rock that completes the "skinny" up or down this feature?

Not sure that I would call it a skinny but it was like a stepping stone that led to two smaller boulders that you could continue to roll down. I've never tried going up that same line.  

8 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Just saw this today, if this is what you're talking about. I stuffed some smaller rocks under it, but it definitely needs some work.

That’s the one! It was moved off to the left. @throet and I had a hard time picking it up together so someone must have went to a lot of effort to move it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

So I’m almost always trail running DD these days and apparently never pay attention to this rock. Where was it located relative to this pic? 

BE9DD674-A804-4E77-A147-8E4CF36549D8.jpeg

Oooooohhhh... that's the "diving board" (as I called it) rock on dare... and that's not where it's supposed to be. It used to run perpendicular to the drop, and at one time was a little longer before the tip of it broke off a few years ago. I mean, that rock pretty much made "Dare" what it was.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I could tell by the wear on it that it wasn’t even oriented correctly. 

So as others have mentioned, this things a tad on the heavy side and those of you that have met me know that this thing may weigh more than me! I’m looking for two people that can help me build up the pad where this was located and get this back in place. Anyone able to meet me at 9AM tomorrow?

Edited by GreenMTBrider

20 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Thanks for the help. I could tell by the wear on it that it wasn’t even oriented correctly. 

So as others have mentioned, this things a tad on the heavy side and those of you that have met me know that this thing may weigh more than me! I’m looking for two people that can help me build up the pad where this was located and get this back in place. Anyone able to meet me at 9AM tomorrow?

Yes I can be there at 9am. Thanks for taking the initiative to check it out. 

• Like 1