IGNORED

Peddlers Pass Lap Times

I’ll embarrass myself with a strava attempt at this on my next ride, but it’s gonna be tough to wanna hammer as I will still have mulligan, picnic, deception, daves, ymca to ride after. ALL I will be thinking about is beating dumbass FirstBlood. 
All I care about is that I'm in your head

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, First-Blood said:

At this point there is nothing you alone can do. At best you can contribute to knocking me down a peg. Eventually I'll get knocked out of top 10 I imagine. Especially when race happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The actual race starting point is on the west side near the bridges.  Your times for 4.0 will be insulated from the actual race. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

I actually finished the full loop in one day

You might have finished quicker without your bikepacking setup. Be careful where you stop to consume meals - the savage scent of raw sewage out there can spoil your appetite. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomreece said:

I can't fathom shaving 5 minutes off my time either. A 19 minute run almost killed me and left me with barely any energy to make it back home.

I ran two laps back to back with decent times and felt like I could have run a third at the same pace (17-18m per lap). I'm going to go back out and give it everything I have on a single lap, but it seems that all of the turns are what's slowing me down, not the amount of effort I'm putting in. If I had the skills to get through the turns quicker then I could probably push myself closer to exhaustion by staying in a harder gear and pedaling harder throughout.      

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throet said:

it seems that all of the turns are what's slowing me down, not the amount of effort I'm putting in. If I had the skills to get through the turns quicker then I could probably push myself closer to exhaustion by staying in a harder gear and pedaling harder throughout.      

I think that the way to get better at corners is to go out there and try a lap at a pace that doesn't require you to use your brakes much at all.  It will feel slower than you can go but you'll have to be smooth.  Slow is smooth...smooth is fast.  Then you keep trying to go a little bit faster each time without using the brakes.  You should find yourself leaning more and positioning the bike at the entry of the turn to keep your speed up on the exit.  Pro tip: Get some Avids with wet pads because they will squeal so loud you won't want to brake anyway. 

When you start to hit a corner without braking, you'll come out of it faster than hammering in, braking hard, and then trying to get back on the gas.  The same can't be said for trying to drive a car around a race track quickly but being smooth is always the faster line.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, throet said:

You might have finished quicker without your bikepacking setup. Be careful where you stop to consume meals - the savage scent of raw sewage out there can spoil your appetite. 

I'll remember to leave my cook stove and sleeping bag in the truck next time....and yeah, who pooped out there?!

• Haha 1

Did two laps tonight and my second one was the best after I dropped my pressure to 15 psi on my 29x3” monster truck tires and 28x17 gearing.

17:29 was the best I had in me. I might be able to shave some off that as I hone my cornering skills and possibly up my chainring. Super fun trail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Did a lap this morning, Improved my time by a good chunk. My goal is to consistently be sub 20min by race day.

I set both tires to 25psi this morning and the temp was perfect. 

A few things I got to work on: 

• My Hands go numb about 12-15min in from my death grip. Got to relax a bit, maybe try ergon grips?
  • I can't quite make it out of the creek bed heading West. I break traction right at the top and spin out. 
  • I've need to session the drop that parallels the creek a few times. I am still riding it right along that tree just like I did when the trail was revered. I think I can ride it faster if I stick to the middle. 
  • Maybe, stop snacking on cookies midweek so I'm not hauling around a spare tire on my ride...

image.png.dc49ed7020de51d1cfffdcdee5b65ed0.png

• Like 1