AntonioGG

Tour das Hugel

Who is doing this?  Either just the first loop or the whole thing?  I've done it partial several years but not the whole thing for one reason or another.  The last time in 2015 I rode it in my Tallboy for about 60 miles.

I've done it 1.5x's and that was a good while ago (2007 & 2009).  I've been in roadie mode for a while lately but not sure I really plan to do this.  I have a friend who said they may show up late and do the 2nd half....they've done the 1st half for 2 yrs in row.  But make no mistake, The Hugel is a big f'n effort.

-CJB

It's probably been 4-5 years since I've done it.  I had planned on doing the first loop this year but I have a back injury that gets aggravated when I stand up on the bike - so yeah, this ride is out. 🙂

Did it last year and did 2 partials over the last 3 weekends.  I won't be able to ride it this Saturday, but I'll give it a shot sometime after the Dragon Slayer ride.   Or maybe I'll do it next weekend if the Dragon Slayer rains out.  

The hill after hill after hill really sucks. 

I did it four year ago (I think) on my cross bike. I was close to DFL but I finished. Honestly, it’s a great way to see the roadie hot spots around town. They actively seek out the gnarliest hills and then climb up the steep side and ride down the mellow side. Bizarro world. I think we rode UP Beauford and UP Jester on the same ride!!

620 sucked but the rest felt relatively safe. Unless you are a real roadie, you’re going to feel humbled by the speed and power of those guys. They can’t hop a curb or ride a wheelie but they can haul ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I think we rode UP Beauford and UP Jester on the same ride!!

And Smokey Valley.

4 hours ago, TAF said:

And Smokey Valley.

Yeah, the year I rode it I passed 3 broken chains as I was climbing Smokey Valley.  I used to think Beauford was steep.