IGNORED

Weather

I don't think I've ever been bitten by a horse fly or at least I've never noticed. Then again I can walk through a wall of mosquitoes and not get bit either. 

My poor wife on the other hand... if there is a single mosquito within 10 miles it'll find her and she'll have welts all over.

She curses me daily from April though October. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me, or are early mornings starting to feel a lot more pleasant? Just stepped outside and felt some nice cool breezes that made me wish I didn't have work calls to get on. Rode out at Dana Peak Park this past Sat morning from around 8 - 10:30 and it really wasn't bad at all, even with all the climbing out there. You could definitely feel it warming up fast towards the end of the ride though. 

1 hour ago, throet said:

Is it just me, or are early mornings starting to feel a lot more pleasant? Just stepped outside and felt some nice cool breezes that made me wish I didn't have work calls to get on. Rode out at Dana Peak Park this past Sat morning from around 8 - 10:30 and it really wasn't bad at all, even with all the climbing out there. You could definitely feel it warming up fast towards the end of the ride though. 

You may just be getting more used to it.  I walked yesterday past noon and it was hot but OK in the shade.  The breeze was good depending on direction...sometimes it felt like a blast furnace sometimes it felt cooler.

I should have gone outside before replying.  I didn't want to believe it.  It feels downright nice out there!

Edited by AntonioGG
pulling head out of ass
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 8:58 AM, AntonioGG said:

You may just be getting more used to it.  I walked yesterday past noon and it was hot but OK in the shade.  The breeze was good depending on direction...sometimes it felt like a blast furnace sometimes it felt cooler.

I should have gone outside before replying.  I didn't want to believe it.  It feels downright nice out there!

Haha yeah it really just depends on the day maybe. I rode City Park this past Sat morning starting at around 8:45am. We rode the short loop thinking the heat was going to get the best of us, but after finishing I was wishing we had done the longer loop. Weekdays I've been riding in the evening, and despite the scorching temps, I'm actually enjoying my time on the trail. Could be partly due to me sitting out most of Jun and Jul, and now just yearning for time on the trails. Still, envious of the all the great pics folks are posting of rides up high in the mountains. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live in Mueller and we got pummeled last night. Worst hail storm I have ever been through and I have been through a lot. Sounded and felt like mortars were hitting our building. It was like a heavy rain shower but baseball sized hail. Neighborhood is a mess. Both our cars are most likely total losses. Luckily our windows didn’t get destroyed like a lot of our neighbors. Gonna miss rides until car situation gets sorted and it will be slow, walking around and any car parked outside has massive damage. 

• 1 month later...