IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

2 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Boring? I think you may be missing some. There are several lines over there. Boring is not what I would use to describe Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Take a look at my map I sent. It's a bit more detailed with labels.
https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the map. I definitely missed them. Playground Pass is the one I've been through. Y'all are awesome!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Good. Less people on them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Those trails are closest to my house. I used to ride them often when I first moved here. Once I discovered Deception, Picnic and Snail I just lost interest. But I don't think I've ever ran across another rider on those trails. Few people walking on occasion, but that's about it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, First-Blood said:

Boring? I think you may be missing some. There are several lines over there. Boring is not what I would use to describe Gnargasm and Caddyshack. Take a look at my map I sent. It's a bit more detailed with labels.
https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

Questions:

1)  Where is ankle biter in this?

2)  I don't recall seeing Chutes and Ladders.  Is it MTB trail?  Is "in da werks" mean y'all are making this trail?

3)  I always was calling Snow White, Caddyshack, but this map looks like Caddy Shack is after gnargasm going towards the dam.  How do I get on this trail?  

7 minutes ago, horncpa said:

Questions:

2)  I don't recall seeing Chutes and Ladders.  Is it MTB trail?  Is "in da werks" mean y'all are making this trail?

3)  I always was calling Snow White, Caddyshack, but this map looks like Caddy Shack is after gnargasm going towards the dam.  How do I get on this trail?  

This is from a couple yrs ago but gives a good idea and is from the OG builder.   The different sections are there and you can watch the videos. 

http://brushycreekbuttholes.blogspot.com/

Questions:

Answers:
1. Ankle bitter basically is Gumdrop. Some people called it what they wanted on strava and some know it as anklebitter some know it as gumdrop
2. Chutes and Ladders is off Gumdrop near the giant boulder you squeeze by that broke off the cliff. It is just a series of a few small chutes like trails and to get to most of them you have to hike the bike up hence the ladder. They are not very well ridden in and hard to spot from the ground. And yes in da werks meant we WERE making a trail that was easy to ride up to the chutes part. We stopped it awhile ago but there may still be a corridor there.
3. To get to Caddyshack you have 2 options. But how I will describe it is if you ride Gnargasm and either go down the rock to wood ramp or the EZ'er down line the trailhead to Caddy is after you come out in the clearing. Once in the clearing look left. The trail is up towards the golf course. It parallels the bcrt that goes to the dam. Or you can be on the bcrt from either direction and just go around that weak dumb "Cedar Fence" the county made by the footbridge there.

Eric for sure is a big bag of dicks. Every time I make it up EBD cleanly on a full ride without stopping (hasn’t happened for a couple years now, lol) I yell out “F*** you!” Directed at him. Now I only ride 1-2x a week and typically have zero chance of making it up. I wheelie onto it and then walk up, defeated, but remount and continue on. 

The stuff East of the dam is definitely not boring. I just about took a 20-30’ tumble off the ridge over there a couple rides ago. I ride it mostly because I live East of all the trails and ride my bike to the trails. And of course FirstBlood likes those trails....a bit of bias there.  I will admit, I couldn’t see the vision on a lot of that stuff but I was proven wrong.  It’s good stuff.  If you start on those trails, it’s a hell of a way to kickstart a ride... not the most mellow beginning, but it gets the blood flowing. 

Gonna get out there today with a saw and pruners to do some Spring trimming. Took off half a day and might as well make some use of it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I just about took a 20-30’ tumble off the ridge over there a couple rides ago.

Caddyshack or Gnargasm? Either one, yikes. I always make sure I avoid the huge puddle before Gnargasm and head just left to the small stream xing. I really hate going into it with wet tires! 

• Like 2

Caddyshack or Gnargasm? Either one, yikes. I always make sure I avoid the huge puddle before Gnargasm and head just left to the small stream xing. I really hate going into it with wet tires! 
Same. But I also hate rolling across that spot in general seems damaging to that spot. I've tried blocking it in past but people gonna do what they want.

10 minutes ago, Barry said:

It was Caddyshack...after the initial climb there is a small exposure, but not that one... the one after that with rough offcamber rock... it was wet, and I tried to ride the tire width line to the right exactly on the edge of the ridge, bobbled it, started to fall to the right... like had enough momentum to envision falling off, but somehow saved it and unclipped to the left. It was a true “whoa” moment... so what did I do? Kept trying to ride up, but had to turn around due to everything being slick. Tried to ride that same spot coming back down but only gave it a half try due to fear. Rode it dry Wednesday... really a non-event when dry. But yeah, that was my first real scare in some time. 

As far as entering Gnargasm with wet tires, that’s just part of the fun! That whole section is tech bliss. 

Edited by Morealice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, just a heads up. Busted my helmet on a low branch heading west on Lower Picnic yesterday. Didn't see it at all and I was seated but sitting fairly upright. It was maybe a quarter to a half mile in coming from east. Got a nice bit of whip lash out of it so watch your head!

tmp_helmet.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quixoft said:

Oh, just a heads up. Busted my helmet on a low branch heading west on Lower Picnic yesterday. Didn't see it at all and I was seated but sitting fairly upright. It was maybe a quarter to a half mile in coming from east. Got a nice bit of whip lash out of it so watch your head!

tmp_helmet.jpg

I’ll keep an eye out when I go out to ride-n-trim later. I will admit, though, that I typically don’t trim stuff for taller people. Picnic is on the menu, though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morealice said:

I’ll keep an eye out when I go out to ride-n-trim later. I will admit, though, that I typically don’t trim stuff for taller people. Picnic is on the menu, though. 

I'm going to head out that way around lunch time for an easy day before the rain. Went pretty hard yesterday for the shape I'm in although y'all would have probably called it a warm up!

I'll find something to tie to it. I would cut it off myself but not sure about the rules of pruning so I'll leave it to y'all that do it regularly. But I can take care of it if you want me to. Probably needs about 6"+ taken off.  It's not a branch across the trail low, it's a spike sticking down from a higher branch that looks like it was pruned, just not quite high enough for someone 6'2" on an XL!

Thanks for the work you do.

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, quixoft said:

I'm going to head out that way around lunch time for an easy day before the rain. Went pretty hard yesterday for the shape I'm in although y'all would have probably called it a warm up!

I'll find something to tie to it. I would cut it off myself but not sure about the rules of pruning so I'll leave it to y'all that do it regularly. But I can take care of it if you want me to. Probably needs about 6"+ taken off.  It's not a branch across the trail low, it's a spike sticking down from a higher branch that looks like it was pruned, just not quite high enough for someone 6'2" on an XL!

Thanks for the work you do.

Sure thing. Wanted to clarify...I don’t refuse to cut for taller people, I’m just on the shorter end, so I ride along, and if something threatens my lycra or my head, it’s gotta go, haha. If you mark that spot I’ll trim it for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, radiantm3 said:

Honestly not really. Maybe to experience them at least once. 

Totally worth it.  In fact, I find myself parking at Champions and riding everything on that East side of the dam now that social distancing has made it tougher to ride the BCRT.  Super fun stuff over there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, First-Blood said:

I try to get in a 20 plus on the days I have that kind of time. When the world opens I'll ride with you.

I was inclined to try to ride everything at brushy today thanks to you, but it started to get too wet by the time I was midway through 1/4 notch. I was able to finish 1/4, but based on all the slippage I didn’t feel good about hitting double down or rim loop. Still not sure I can do it all in one ride. Double down probably would have drained what I had left. 🙂

B5B06F58-93B1-4224-9A40-8B5AA1F4B7CA.jpeg

Since we are already on a publicity campaign for Caddyshack and the like. What is the consensus on the lines people keep riding that drop straight to the BCRT? There is one right at the foot of the dam spillway and another 100 yards or so to the East. I have blocked them numerous times. I think someone may end up rolling into a walker or perhaps more importantly I think the less traffic up there the better. There are definitely some high penalty for error spots and it is NOT beginner friendly at all. 

I was inclined to try to ride everything at brushy today thanks to you, but it started to get too wet by the time I was midway through 1/4 notch. I was able to finish 1/4, but based on all the slippage I didn’t feel good about hitting double down or rim loop. Still not sure I can do it all in one ride. Double down probably would have drained what I had left. [emoji846]
B5B06F58-93B1-4224-9A40-8B5AA1F4B7CA.thumb.jpeg.78ce207421b8c37aa7fd8f9a5438a121.jpeg
Solid ride! I wouldnt risk DD or Rim when even a little wet either. But I also dont ride ALL of Deception on my route. I pick parts and directions I travel on it based on how I feel. It can zap you.

• Like 1

Since we are already on a publicity campaign for Caddyshack and the like. What is the consensus on the lines people keep riding that drop straight to the BCRT? There is one right at the foot of the dam spillway and another 100 yards or so to the East. I have blocked them numerous times. I think someone may end up rolling into a walker or perhaps more importantly I think the less traffic up there the better. There are definitely some high penalty for error spots and it is NOT beginner friendly at all. 
I wish people would not do that. I always do the Caddy loop.. or just by pass the dam it's on the map (warning it involves temporarily trespassing onto the dam spillway)

I think the upper return line is a little faint. I know I didn’t see it at first... and ended up dropping back to the concrete via those lines. I ended up seeing the correct return line from watching a YouTube video.

Fair enough. I suppose some well placed rocks and logs are in order to help define the path desired.

6 hours ago, quixoft said:

Marked the offending branch. Westbound Lower Picnic right around 1/4 mile down the trail from the eastern entrance. Almost missed it again as I was looking at the roots in the path.

tmp-low-limb.jpg

Sorry broseph, but someone had removed that marker. I eased though there and looked as I cruised. 

I did get to Gumdrop, Gnargasm, that abomination of a trail Snow White, trail across creek from Gnargasm, Little trail by skate park andSoccer fields by creek, Mulligan, and Picnic. 

lost my pruning shears on Gnargasm just before telling a clown he needed a helmet in a kinda smartass way... he was walking down a little (slick) step up that is next to pretty high penalty (you definitely get a better perspective of the penalty when you walk it. Wow, haha.

So he says, “how you doin?”

Me: “good you?”

him: good

me: getting a helmet soon i hope...

him defensively: nah nah i just walk this stuff

me: ooookaaayyy...

then I rode away, noticed shears missing... walked back twice and scanned around...nothing. He wins today. :/

Overall, good little trim n ride with very little traffic. Old school feel.