IGNORED

Osprey Raptor 10 Pack

AustinBike

Bought one of these and it is head and shoulders above the Camelbak. The TL;DR if you don't want to wade through the review is that it is no longer uncomfortable since they have changed the bladder design. Camelbak has a few advantages, but the Osprey lifetime warranty is pretty sweet and I am happy to be in their camp now. Performance had them at ~$95 in their closeout.

raptor.jpg

http://www.austinbike.com/index.php/product-reviews/338-review-osprey-raptor-10-hydration-pack

• Like 2

Been rockin' a Raptor for a while now and agree they are significantly better designed than the competition. The fit, ease of access to an abundant variety of storage, and all the little things they have thought of which the others play catch-up to mimic make the pack a great value. Even better when you can score it at a discount.

They have a great proving ground nearby to test their product as their headquarters is in Cortez, Colorado. So, you can stop by and visit them after a day on the trail at Phil's World.

I've loved my camelbaks, but we got an Osprey school backpack for my 6 years old (awesome deal at REI) and their customer service is awesome. We needed a replacement buckle for the pack and it was shipped to us quickly and easily. Despite needing a replacement part, their stuff is very well made. If their hydration packs and backpacking backpacks are constructed anywhere as good as their basic school pack, then I'm a fan.

I’m sort of the opposite on the bladder. I liked the old nalgene made bladders, not a fan of the zip top. Was a pita to fill to me. Had a low speed tumble and the bladder split near the bend at the top. I traded the replacement they sent for a new camelbak bladder with the larger hose.

I’m 2+ years on my 2nd raptor 14 (first developed permafunk after about 5 yrs). Your waist strap pocket concern is unfounded. Of all the stuff I’ve had repaired, buckles slammed in tailgate, pocket torn on tree, etc. the waist pockets have never failed. ALL my repairs were my fault, never had a product failure, still they repaired or sent parts including bite valves.

Also, I love the helmet keeper. Helmets seem to be the worst at rolling around in a truck bed. Great thought to help keep all your stuff together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, throet said:

Thanks buddy. Just ordered the Viper 9L for $65. 

Had my first ride yesterday with the Viper 9. Easily moved all of my gear over from my old Deuter pack, i.e. tube, multitool, tire tool, CO2 pump and cartridges. My phone fit perfectly in the lined outer pocket, I didn't even use the largest storage pocket that is adjacent to the bladder compartment, but it would work nicely for snacks and some extra clothing. The reason I jumped on this deal was the removeable waist straps. I've never liked using those and have had to cut them off of other packs. Even with my gear and the 2.5L bladder filled 3/4 of the way, the pack felt empty. Way lighter and more comfortable than any pack I've ever used. The flimsy bladder and smaller fill hole will take some getting used to since my Deuter pack had a much thicker Source bladder with a huge fill opening. Hopefully the flimsy Osprey bladder will stand up to getting folded and stuffed into my freezer between rides, which is what I do to keep from having to wash it all the time.