IGNORED

Recovery...Spinning or Standing?

TheX

Strange question, I know. I have spent literally thousands of hours on spin bikes at the gym. Years of doing it for fitness for riding sportbikes at the track. Heart attack recovery, and Ducati motorcycle wreck recovery. 

Anyway, in those classes I got used to spinning recovery, so on the trails I tend to never really stop. If I need to catch my breath (I'm old, it happens) I slow down and keep moving. Stopping completely just makes me feel hotter since the air isn't moving. So, recovery for you....spinning or standing?

• Like 1

Stopping during a ride to recover totally kills the flow of a ride. It drives me crazy when you get in a group that wants to stop at the top of each climb. I guess that's why I usually ride with the same 3-4 people (that's total number of people I ride with regularly, not average group size). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notyal said:

Stopping during a ride to recover totally kills the flow of a ride. It drives me crazy when you get in a group that wants to stop at the top of each climb. I guess that's why I usually ride with the same 3-4 people (that's total number of people I ride with regularly, not average group size). 

It's very rare that I ever ride with a group. I don't want to slow anyone else down, or have to stop/ride someone else's pace. I prefer to ride where others are riding in case I take a tumble and need some help. It can happen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheX said:

It's very rare that I ever ride with a group. I don't want to slow anyone else down, or have to stop/ride someone else's pace. I prefer to ride where others are riding in case I take a tumble and need some help. It can happen.

I'm more worried about getting lost and never found. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:57 AM, TheX said:

Strange question, I know. I have spent literally thousands of hours on spin bikes at the gym. Years of doing it for fitness for riding sportbikes at the track. Heart attack recovery, and Ducati motorcycle wreck recovery. 

Anyway, in those classes I got used to spinning recovery, so on the trails I tend to never really stop. If I need to catch my breath (I'm old, it happens) I slow down and keep moving. Stopping completely just makes me feel hotter since the air isn't moving. So, recovery for you....spinning or standing?

spinning, never stop moving. On a trainer you never stop pedaling, on a trail there is a lot of coasting to be able to recover.

Edited by crazyt