IGNORED

Bad Guy at WC

June Bug

A heads up. Yesterday evening  a guy exposed himself to a woman near main parking lot trailhead at Walnut Creek.  Here is her description of the incident: 

I unwisely took my dogs to walk at Walnut Creek park when it was starting to get dark. By the time I was walking back to my car, it was completely dark. I was going to take a shortcut to my car & ran into a young guy, probably early 20s. When I shone my flashlight on him, he had his thing out. I quickly turned around & went the other direction. He did not try to follow me, but I do think he was driving off as I was walking in the parking lot because a car slowed down as it passed me. I had 3 dogs with me, including my 60-lb pitbull who was literally attached to me around the waist, so he wasn't gonna be trying anything, but still freaked me out

Another woman (also walking dogs) described encountering the same guy, who she noted tried to talk to her; she described him as "acting weird." 

• Top: Black hoodie
  • Bottom: Black & red Nike shorts
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: African American
  • Build: Average, approx 6' tall

Police were notified, but since the woman had left the park when she called, they did not go to investigate. 

If you are riding at night or anytime and see a guy roaming around fitting this description, you may want to give the police a call. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Ericbike6 said:

Reminds me I really need to carry when riding there at night, by myself.

I mean, some dipshit exposing themselves doesn't warrant them getting shot*, but pepper spray on the eyes and junk would be epically hilarious. 

*if they're keeping their distance, not obviously brandishing another type of weapon, and not otherwise approaching. 

• Like 8

Hmm, I think we may have a serial exposer out there. I work at St. David’s North and several of my coworkers used to run on the cement trail that leads to walnut after work until about a month or two ago, when two of the women came across a guy master bating and starring at them. They thought he likely belonged to one of the homeless camps out there. This was in the daylight.

3 hours ago, Ericbike6 said:

All depends.  Would put a quick end to his shenanigans though...…..

It’s a fine line - you shoot and kill some guy who is pointing his dick at you, you’re in a world of police investigation. I have a License to Carry, and frequently do (generally in the Southies), but pepper spray and a call to APD might be the better option. Of course, now we have no Park Police ...

17 hours ago, Barry said:

I mean, some dipshit exposing themselves doesn't warrant them getting shot*, but pepper spray on the eyes and junk would be epically hilarious. 

*if they're keeping their distance, not obviously brandishing another type of weapon, and not otherwise approaching. 

I second this.

I am amazed at how many people believe that a gun is the solution to so many problems. The minute you pull that trigger, you're signing yourself up to the potential for a couple years of expense and hassle. All over some guy's junk. Not worth it. Chris Rock had it right, bullets should cost $10,000 each, then you'd have to really think long and hard about using one.

Just say "eh, I've seen a lot bigger than that" and keep riding.

• Like 1

I've ran into more than one human on the trailside taking a piss.  I've only ran into one dude completely naked on a side trail heading to Bittern Hollow.  He seemed pretty sheepish and got dressed fast.  Seems funny/embarrassing to see someone undignified- not threatening.  

That reminds me--in NY I would occasionally ride upon a 'naturalist' out for a walk in the woods. It happened at least 3 times over the years and they would always act as though they were surprised to see another person in the wilderness. And yeah, almost like a person caught urinating, they were always sheepish and obviously non-threatening. I think they're obviously different than someone exposing themselves for their own sexual gratification. 

I doubt there is much naturalist activity in this area of Texas. I think they just felt safe in the dense forest cover. 

Ummm, you'll are talking about The Nut, right? Not that there's any justification for this behavior, but you ARE talking about The Nut?

Over the years, I've always been thankful that I didn't ride up on any of the "individuals" that left their Tighty Whiteys hanging from the trees... 🙂

16 hours ago, TAF said:

It’s a fine line - you shoot and kill some guy who is pointing his dick at you, you’re in a world of police investigation. I have a License to Carry, and frequently do (generally in the Southies), but pepper spray and a call to APD might be the better option. Of course, now we have no Park Police ...

Shooting someone for this would not end well, ever. I have a CHL, and I don't carry on the trails locally. I do carry pepper spray. Shooting someone would end up with manslaughter/murder charges. Civil cases for any number of things. It would lead to endless court cases, lawyer fees, and eventual financial ruin.

I'm all for protecting myself and my family, but this is FAR outside of the need to protect myself...unless the guy has a laser attached to his schlong and he's trying to kill me with it.

• Like 2

A good Concealed Handgun class - or really any firearms class - will teach you that if you fire your weapon and hit someone, even in your own home, even if they are coming up the stairs firing a loaded weapon at you, the following things are guaranteed to happen:

• There will be police.
  • Your weapon will be confiscated.
  • There will be a formal investigation.
  • You will need a lawyer.

And this is if you are most certainly, without doubt, in the right. Now waving a firearm around in the green belt because some fool has his todger out, is almost certainly not going to go well for you.

The only reason I carry in the Southies is in case I get cornered by some unhinged person in a homeless camp I accidentally rode through - peace of mind, I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TAF said:

The only reason I carry in the Southies is in case I get cornered by some unhinged person in a homeless camp I accidentally rode through - peace of mind, I guess.

I'm not riding anywhere that puts me anywhere near the homeless people...yet. I expect the worst of course.

13 minutes ago, TheX said:

I'm not riding anywhere that puts me anywhere near the homeless people...yet. I expect the worst of course.

Well, they are all over parts of the Southies. You're just riding along minding your own business, and suddenly there's a camp ten feet off the trail. You can usually tell it's coming up, because you'll see trash strewn along the trail for fifty feet prior. It's hard to feel compassion when they make that much of a mess.