IGNORED

Pay It Forward

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Not biking related, but I need to reduce my board game collection and would rather give them away than try to sell. All in good condition/no missing pieces (as far as I know). They are a bit more hobbyist than Monopoly or similar titles, just FYI. You can find detailed info about each by searching boardgamegeek.com. I can also hold onto them if you want to wait till after the pandemic to meet. Ranked in order of complexity:

Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Mage Knight

Dan, my 15 yr old son is completely in to these types of games.  We (he) hosts D&D with he and his friends over hear all the time (outside of quarantine).  We'd be happy to take these two and could do a porch pick up depending on location.

Thanks
CJB

40 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Dan, my 15 yr old son is completely in to these types of games.  We (he) hosts D&D with he and his friends over hear all the time (outside of quarantine).  We'd be happy to take these two and could do a porch pick up depending on location.

Thanks
CJB

DM sent.

Two sets of 2x chainrings:

Screenshot_20200405-155307_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c340e00375bedf31c12209b6ea0473e8.jpgScreenshot_20200405-155305_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7e169e1d61e785eb085be8181fdfa442.jpg

Easton 30.9 x 350 mm seatpost with some offset.

Screenshot_20200405-155302_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1caf76607f56c17fe5a5d5468cf118a6.jpg

SLX cranks with a cracked outer spider. You can still mount a ring on the inner spider.

Screenshot_20200405-155254_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0bb17e84b88f9b2aea5a122f1e609640.jpgScreenshot_20200405-155257_Gallery.thumb.jpg.907df6bfd5d81b91a3b596ec32b336bb.jpg

Specialized slick tire, 26x1.25 with presta tube.Screenshot_20200405-155249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9ff6e4fcc296a243ad93a0b80d8b2886.jpg

For some reason I ended up with a T47 headset but it's not compatible with my frame.

20200405_141953.thumb.jpg.6d4054cd2202a034dde74e35212c4e14.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle

2 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I can leave one on my porch. Got time to come to Southwest Austin?

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

I have a fresh starnut as well, if a N. Austin location is better for you. (Lamplight/Scoffield area)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you for the offers. I’ll take Sloan up on it since it’s much shorter distance. 

I’ll pm you now, Sloan.

I have a gym quality SportsArt recumbent bike that's in good shape.  This version doesn't have the HR monitor contacts.  It's unclear whether it will work with an external HRM strap but for this thing we never bothered with an HRM.

I bought it on Craigslist a couple of years ago for my wife, replaced the pressure cartridges for the fancy seat adjustment.  There's probably some adjustment needed with the "fairing" or flywheel since there seems to be some ticking like something is rubbing, but it's perfectly usable, and I'm sure you can look into it.  I was going to sell it on CL but at this point I just want it out my garage and I figured with the parks being closed this long weekend and the rain coming, someone could use an indoor alternative.  This is great if you want to watch TV or read a book.  It doesn't require power.  You can still get parts for it. 

It does weigh quite a lot and you'll need a truck to transport it.  I can help load if we both wear masks while doing this.  It's been sitting in the garage untouched for a couple of months.  It's 66.5" long, and 25.5" at the seat.  I'll post a picture below from my phone.

23C14A26-EF14-4B99-885B-07C8B91CB2EF.jpeg

Edited by AntonioGG
Add picture
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bestbike85 said:

Cleaning out a few things. 

Pair of plastic bottle cages. 

Pair of slip on syncros grips.      

Pair of flat pedals 

E395C503-D6AC-42C6-AD16-2CC0578E3451.jpeg

6AE1EE35-6160-4B0E-AEDB-F320F8ECD763.jpeg

213542BD-8962-4659-A3A1-43393EE7C5A5.jpeg

972FA2A8-031D-4729-8902-543CA3F1D3F3.jpeg

2812594E-245F-4948-A891-41E02A726B09.jpeg

D5DCDDFC-176C-4D5C-BD42-FC1DEC57B8B7.jpeg

I can always use all three for my bike builds. The grips and pedals on old bikes I get are usually toast.

If no one else has an urgent need for them I'll take them.

A neighbor left this Mosh BMX bike (aka Giant) by the curb with a "free" sign on it. I stripped the whole bike down, disassembled the pedals and hubs, and removed the freewheel. basically, every bearing in the bike is rusted solid. the frame alone is well over 8 pounds. the only thing salvageable on this bike is the frame, fork, brakes, wheels (with new bearings) stem, and seatpost clamp. It's probably better off as scrap metal now, but if anyone wants what's left over, it could be a fun project to rebuild with less than $100 in parts.

20200411_140433.jpg.d3b08520e3a6c2a690e4a5085407df6f.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle

The situation: 

Fox fork should be arriving in Sparks, NV sometime today for its rebuild with a turnaround of up to a month. 

Ready to roll:  hardtail Motobecane Ti Fly Team  with an MRP Rock Solid Rigid Carbon fork, but running narrow (no tread) tires since it's currently doing duty as a commuter. 

MRP responded to me a few minutes ago that the fork will clear a 3.0 tire. 

The fork cannot be converted to thru axle, it's quick release only. 

I'm thinking about getting some wheels with wide internal diameter and trying out wide tires (2.6-2.8).   This will allow me to get on some mellow trails with a rigid fork and also see if it will ultimately work for non-technical bike packing in areas that have some sand. 

Shot in the dark: Does anyone have some high quality light 29er wheels,  quick release, wide internal rim for reasonable price?  Something around 32-34 mm internal width looks about right, at least based on this chart:  Tire Size Chart for Bicycle Rim  Front tire will likely be 2.8"; back tire will be limited to 2.6", if that. 

Also, suggestions for new wheels that are the same?  

The situation: 
 Fox fork should be arriving in Sparks, NV sometime today for its rebuild with a turnaround of up to a month. 
Ready to roll:  hardtail Motobecane Ti Fly Team  with an MRP Rock Solid Rigid Carbon fork, but running narrow (no tread) tires since it's currently doing duty as a commuter. 
MRP responded to me a few minutes ago that the fork will clear a 3.0 tire. 
The fork cannot be converted to thru axle, it's quick release only. 
I'm thinking about getting some wheels with wide internal diameter and trying out wide tires (2.6-2.8).   This will allow me to get on some mellow trails with a rigid fork and also see if it will ultimately work for non-technical bike packing in areas that have some sand. 
Shot in the dark: Does anyone have some high quality light 29er wheels,  quick release, wide internal rim for reasonable price?  Something around 32-34 mm internal width looks about right, at least based on this chart:  Tire Size Chart for Bicycle Rim  Front tire will likely be 2.8"; back tire will be limited to 2.6", if that. 
Also, suggestions for new wheels that are the same?  

I have one of those 15mm thru axle to 9mm adapters if u do have a wheel that is thru axle and want to borrow it for a while, I would like at back at some point only cause I use it for trueing my wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Big_papa_nuts said:

You can get some 15mm to qr adaptors on eBay for less then 20 bucks. So if you has access to a TA wheel that would be a cheap way to get rolling to try things out.

Big_papa_nuts and Manuels61

the problem is, for some reason, QR to thru axle adapters can't be used/not recommended with this fork.  I'll contact MRP tomorrow and check with them for clarification.  Their chat box responded to my first question in about 3 minutes. 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, June Bug said:

Big_papa_nuts and Manuels61

the problem is, for some reason, QR to thru axle adapters can't be used/not recommended with this fork.  I'll contact MRP tomorrow and check with them for clarification.  Their chat box responded to my first question in about 3 minutes. 

Also note, some hubs can be convee from TA to QR via end caps sourced from the hubs manufacturer. Another option if you have some other wheels laying around.