IGNORED

Pay It Forward

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, TheX said:

Forgot about this thread. I have this listed in the non-bike items forum for FREE. 2 batts, camera and some stuff that goes with it. It has NEVER been used. Wife's friend bought it for me on Amazon. 

Free! Even has a remote.

4k-cam.thumb.jpg.2d8b326a9bb83ef19d32c44831e1be30.jpg

I'll take it!

The website could use some video.

• Like 1

I've had this rack is storage in my back yard for a while.  Its the older version that barely fits 29er x 2.35" tires.  Additionally its had some issues "ratcheting down" on the arm.  If your willing to fiddle with it and see if you can get it to work properly its yours.

Text is best.
-Cody
512-6nine4-one3one9

IMG_8633.JPG

IMG_8634.JPG

Edited by CBaron

What is the brand? When I had a Thule rack I was able to buy new arms that allowed it to expand from 26" tires to 29" tires. With the brand someone could google whether they can replace the arms.

I don't need the rack, just trying to help you get it into the hands of someone that could use it.

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

What is the brand?

It's the old Saris Cycle-On. They discontinued it about 8 or so years ago. I had 2 of them and used them for years. They worked great back when tire formats were a little smaller, as @CBaron mentioned. But yeah, those ratcheting mechanisms were finicky. The good news is that they're easy to disassemble and grease up, then they should work well again. 

I actually put my final one to the curb about 3 months ago. But it had seen some NY winters, and it was in no condition to "pay forward."

Want- 27.2 rigid seatpost with no offset and lots of angle adjustment. My wife's seatpost has an annoying notched system that forces the saddle to be either pointed up or down. The offset doesn't help either.

It does not have to be super long but long enough for a few inches to be exposed.

I need to clear out my closet again.

Edited by mack_turtle

6 hours ago, Barry said:

It's the old Saris Cycle-On. They discontinued it about 8 or so years ago. I had 2 of them and used them for years. They worked great back when tire formats were a little smaller, as @CBaron mentioned. But yeah, those ratcheting mechanisms were finicky. The good news is that they're easy to disassemble and grease up, then they should work well again. 

@barry Is correct on this one.  Its the old Saris design.  Someone has spoken for it and should be picking it up on Friday.  If that changes, then I'll update the thread.

Later
CJB

I've got me wife's old K2 Zed-X hardtail that I would like to see go to a needy home.  Its a size small, but I'd guess is a 'bigger' small.  She is 5' 7" and it fit her well enough.  Besides being a bit "classic" with 26" wheels, 9 spd, rigid and v-brakes...it rides and shifts very well.  Tires are setup ghetto tubeless and will have to be redone or add tubes.  Bike will not come with pedals

Thanks,
Cody

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

• Like 2